~*~*~*Cookie&Cream*~*~*~

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CookieNCream

Reaction score
[align=center]Hi Everyone![/align]
[align=center]:hello[/align]
[align=center]It has been a full week since Cookie& Cream came into my life.[/align]
[align=center]First some story:[/align]
[align=center]I've had two rabbits before, and that was when I wasyoung back in Korea. Due to bad diet :)carrot, cabbages, lettuce,:clover:, no pellets) and perhaps stress, they died within a month. Onejust was found dead, and a week later, the other one died ofdiarrhea.[/align]
[align=center]Now, last Wednesday, I got a call from my mom asking me,
"Do you want bunnies?"
Although I am more of a dog person (had six different dogs in my life),
I was desperate for a furry companion. So I said yes.[/align]
[align=center]Well, growing bunnies isn't quite like growing dogs, I have realized.
They get scared easily,
:baghead
struggle when picked up,
:disgust
don't like cuddling,
:hug:
and are
quite. picky.
:nono[/align]
[align=center]Anyhow, they are my babies now and I love them. :jumpforjoy:
And because I feel like the old rabbits died because of me, :cry1:
I feel more need to take care of Cookie and Cream now.[/align]
[align=center]I don't know their gender, and I don't know their age. My best guess is that they are about 6-7 weeks old.[/align]
[align=center]As for breed, I think, from suggestions on this forum, they are Polish+Lop mix.[/align]
[align=center]Cream is very jumpy and cautious, and he's (I'll refer toall of them as he for now) always planning escape.[/align]
[align=center]Cookei was a bit more open (maybe because he couldn't runas fast), but now he's almost as jumpy and cautious. [/align]
[align=center]Neither are spayed/neutered.
[/align]
[align=center]It's really weird because sometimes they are really warmto us and sometimes they are extremely wary and even violent. [/align]
[align=center]This is me. (Yujin)[/align]
[align=center]
l_05d2a125856864a23309b38f7fb561ae.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]And I am the mommy for Cookie.[/align]
[align=center]My brother owns Cream, but I will post that picture sometime later. You guys probably saw him already from the Day One videowhen I go,
"Cream's a bully. Just like you, Sam!":inlove:[/align]
[align=center]I have tons of videos and pictures of the buns, and will be posting all of them one by one.[/align]
[align=center]For now:[/align]
[align=center]Videos: You can click [ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=MqFWwaSj8ZA]here[/ame]to watch the Day One video.
And a new one (about Cream throwing the toilet papercore)[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uGCaEIF2wU]here[/ame].[/align]
[align=center]As for pictures, I just have two for now.[/align]
[align=center]
attachment.php
[/align]
[align=center]This is Cookie and Cream playing in the cardboard play pen.
Actually, they are just trying to find dry pine leaves to eat.
The smaller one is Cookie (on the back) and the bigger one is Cream.[/align]
[align=center]Perhaps because Cookie is mine and is smaller (and cuter?), I tend to be
more partial to him than I am to Cream. :hug2:[/align]
[align=center]
attachment.php
[/align]
[align=center]This is Cookie chewing on a dry pine leaf. He's so adorable! :bunny19[/align]
[align=center]These were taken three days ago, but I think Cookie grew longer ears now.[/align]
[align=center]I will be posting more if I can.
Thank you so much for all the help you guys have given me so far![/align]
[align=center]<3 Yujin[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]

and yet another video!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0GWvDf5DN4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0GWvDf5DN4[/ame]

So now I have three videos! I will fix the pictures later. :bunnydance:

-edit-

here's the first one:

They are so cute. Don't beat yourself about thepast - you didn't know enough before about rabbits....my dad alwayssaid hindsight is 20/20...we always recognize our mistakes AFTER wemake them.

That said - it sounds like you're learning a lot on here about rabbitsand how to care for them. I think you & your brother will makegreat bunny slaves...uh...owners. I'm sure they'll bring you much joyand you'll give them so much love they'll feel safe and secure andhappy - the binky type happy!

I do want to point out that at some point soon you should sex them.First of all, if they are brother and sister you do NOT want to breedthem. Secondly, we've had a rash lately of "accidental" breedings onthe board and they haven't always been happy. One gal went from having3 does and a buck to TWENTY FIVE babies. Another person had a rabbitthat got a uterine infection.

If you go to the rabbitry section you can see some of thestories. To learn how to check the sex of your bunnies -visit this link

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12064&forum_id=17

Please remember- it only takes seconds for rabbits to mate. Also, abuck can have his boy parts come in as early as 8 weeks in the smallerbreeds (guess how I know this??) :X

So I would try to check for their sex by the weekend at the latest....better to be safe than sorry.

Anyway- keep up the videos.....I love them!

Peg

P.S. I homeschooled my twins from K-12th grade. When they went on to college - they thanked us for it.

Oh...and don't get so busy taking videos you forget to do your homework....:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

Hi Yujin!!

Your baby bunnies looks so happy, what a good job you aredoing. I wish every new owner did as much research and askedas many questions as you do.

Peg's got a good point about getting the babies sexed, it's quiteimportant. I foster litters of bunnies for a local rescueorganization, and I normally get the boys neutered as soon as theirtesticles drop and the girls a few months later. If you finda really rabbit savvy vet, they can sometimes do the neuter a littlebit before the testicles drop (most won't though), and that makes iteasier if you've got a boy/girl mix.

I'm hoping you ended up with two girls or two boys, although two girlswill probably be better for staying bonded. That way youwon't have to worry about seperating them and rebonding, unless theystart to fight.

So my advice would be to start looking for a good vet. Here'sa list of rabbit vets in California that members of the forum have puttogether, maybe one of them will be close to you!http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=11590&forum_id=9

And keep asking questions! That's what we are here for, tohelp those who have questions and share lots and lots of funny storiesand pictures of our babies!

--Dawn

HI!! Nice blog so far! :D

Sounds like you're doing a great job so far! I can't wait to hear more about them!

There are so many things you can read on this site that contain really great information...we're glad you're here! :D

Hugs!

Rosie*

Thank you~!!:)

I actually remembered that there's an animal hospital not to far frommy place. It's not very big, but that's the only one I know.

Will the vet charge me for just checking their sex? And does it cost a lot to spay/neuter them?

I want to do everything within my budget. I paid for everything theyhave so far: $120 cage (with discount, $75), the food, the whitebedding, etc. I also need to get hay, but the Petsmart near me ismoving away to another location so they don't have much in stock. :X

Thanks for all the help/support!

Yujin

If you follow the link I gave you - you might not have to go to a vet to find out about your babies.

You need to go down and look at the "privates" and lightly press down.A little boy will pop out like a hotdog and a little girl will have aslit like a taco does.

Peg

I did look at that, but there's no way I can check that at this moment. :(

They are still wary and I cannot dare hold them up.

Cookie I have held three or so times, but Cream, I never dare.

How much does it cost to spay/neuter? Thanks!

The price of a spay or neuter will differbetween areas. You really must call around to local vets and ask theirexperience with the procedure, and how much it will cost per spay orneuter.

I live in Arizona...and my personal vet charges $106 for pet ratneuters and $120 for pet rat spays. So I am assuming to spay or neutera bunny at my vet it will cost between $150 - $200. Spays usually costmore than neuters.

I called around my town before when I thought I was going to get abunny from a breeder who would eventually have to be neutered. A vet 30minutes away charges $89 for a neuter and $99 for a spay. So it varies.

Your best bet would just be to call around and write it all down. Makesure they have experience. My vet wanted $120 each to spay my femalerats, but I decided against it because they had only done a couplespays on rats and even though I trust my vet....I don't trust thesurgery because it is such a delicate process.

If you have to spend the extra money for an experienced vet (even ifthey are an hour away from your town), then I would do it. :)

- Amy

More pictures from our first Saturday! :)

Cream dashing out...

CIMG8352.jpg

Cream dashing in...

CIMG8351.jpg

:)

But it wasn't without effort. Sam had to show how to do it...except he was too big.

CIMG8330.jpg

:D

and bonus! Cookie being his own cute self. :bunnydance:

CIMG8336.jpg

He looks so humane in this one...looks like a little kid trying to get out of his play area. =)

their cage? 0-0 im confused...

anyhow, more pics!

CIMG8328.jpg
Creamdoing a jump(?). You can tell that he grew a lot. :)

CIMG8332.jpg
Cookiesmelling Sam's toes. He soon ran away :cool:And you can tellthat Cream is once again plotting escape.

CIMG8367.jpg

Cookie standing on his hindlegs, Cream smelling around for a way to get out. again. hahaha

Latest posts

Back