Contest!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YES!!

He's a Rhinelander! Colors range from “show marked” to “charlies” (mostly white) and “sports” (no white, brindled brown/orange). The “charlies” are usually inferior, being less robust, so are sometimes discarded from the breeding program. The “sports” tend to offer good size and body type and can be carefully used with animals needing more color.

As you can see.. He's a sport. So he cant be shown, but he can still be used in my breeding program to get me some more color. I also know people who use them in their Harlequin lines, which I dont know if I'm brave enough to do or not!

I also bought a Doe at the same time. She's "Show Marked" but she does have a major DQ. So again, unshowable. But breeding her to a Sport I will get some charlies, some sports, and some show marked. So I am still very excited.

Doe -

IMG_0340.jpg

I bought them at the show I went to yesterday. It was great fun! Got Best of Breed with my Harlequins And Best of Variety with my Flemish. =DD

Very cool! I don't know a lot about rabbit breeds and colors so I was a bit clueless but it's been fun :biggrin2:

BTW, Nice looking rabbits :)

Oh my god! I was gunna say rhinelander forever ago! XD But I hadn't known they could even be that colour.. so I was hesitant. I dunno much about the rhinelander breed! That's so cool :)

Thank you. x3

And you can PM me so we can consider the grand prize, ect.

and I would just like to thank everyone who participated. I hope to see you and more in the second round next week. =D

Hehe..well i wouldn't have had any idea..i just know the Harlequin colour and i absolutely know a gorgeous bunny when i see one..they are both adorable.

Thank you!

To be honest I'm kinda a newbie at the Rhinelanders myself. Just when I was at the show I started talking to a breeder/judge who had a few for sale and she was very glad to see me interested in them since I still show in youth and she's the only one that has them even close to my area. She gave me a really good deal and really went into depth about the breed enough to where I got really interested in them. She was also the one who told me that they can be used in my Harlequin line if I am very careful. Now who could pass up an offer like that? Start a new very interesting breed AND!Improve my Harlequins. :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back