Considering a bit o' bonding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maherwoman

Reaction score
Hey guys...

So, Fiver's been neutered since the day before Halloween, and Maisie since mid-January. I had a thunk last night that I might just be able to start attempting to bond the two of them. What do you guys think?

Have her hormones dissipated enough, do you think? She's doing pretty good, definitely slowed down in general... but has actually gotten a lot MORE food agressive since her spay, so I wonder if I shouldn't wait a few more months before attempting this.

Fiver's wonderful and ready to start bonding at ANY time, I'm sure. He's such a laid-back dollbaby, I'm sure he would get along with anybun.

So, really, it's just Maisie I wonder about.

Lend me your thoughts! :)

Rosie*

I think you should try. Just make sure you give them each a bowl for when they are out :)I would love to see them together :inlove:And not as a criticism, but you were saying you were a little nervous about handling them. Are you confident enough yourself? I'm more worried about you being stressed like crazy :p

Oh no worries about handling them...I've got that under control now. Neither of them can escape Mama's grasp now! Lol!! :)

C'mon people, more replies! :D

Hahahaaa...that's actually a neat idea! She LOVES filming things, and we've got a good memory card that'll let us do about a half-hour...

Hmm....:ponder: Don't see why we can't do some bonding videos...:)

Or did you mean as proof I can pick them up? Lol...kidding...just kidding...:p

I won't be doing anything for a few days yet, though. Still adjusting to Lumi being here, doing cage building and such fun things. She's doing really well, we're just gonna probably not do any bonding til next week. So I figured a week ahead of time to post and ask about it was good timing. :)

I would offer to help give advice - but it seems like Zeus, Miss Bea and Ambrosia pretty much did their bonding on their own.....and I really will not be surprised if Theresa winds up joining them...someday.

Haha...I just realized a big chink in the plans...

CAGE SPACE!!!

If they bond, where will they live?? I can't make any bigger cages...no space...

Not only that, but I hadn't talked with Hubby about this idea yet...but no doubt he would've thought of that lack of space, haha!

I would say, "let's move them into Em's room and bring SweetPea and Cuddles out here", but either Fiver or Maisie would be CRUSHED if they weren't constantly in the same room with me...so that's not an option. Not to mention, *I* couldn't handle them not being in here, lol!

This is gonna require a LOT more thought...

WAIT!! GENIUS IDEA!!

I could build up one panel's height on Fiver's cage, if they bonded...and they could live in his cage.

Then, I could just have Lumi's cage out here in the livingroom...

Hmm...that could just work...:ponder:

LOL!! Yeah, really...she must think she's entered the MADHOUSE with all these dang bunnies!

"They're everywhere I LOOK!!" Hehe...

Edited to add: Mentioned the bonding idea to Hubby and the fact that we could just build up on Fiver's cage...and he actually responded with, "Good idea!"

:biggrin2:

Go for it :biggrin2:!

Your lucky that your husband likes the idea of bonding. Ryan told me not to bond because it scares him and he think someone is doing to die if a fight broke out.

He *secretly* loves them dearly :p.

undergunfire wrote:
Go for it :biggrin2:!

Your lucky that your husband likes the idea of bonding. Ryan told me not to bond because it scares him and he think someone is doing to die if a fight broke out.

He *secretly* loves them dearly :p.
Aww, cute...:)

WHOA! I've fallen way too far behind with the forum! WHO is Lumi?! and WHY haven't I seen a picture?!?! :grumpy:

t.

maherwoman wrote:

myLoki wrote:
WHOA! I've fallen way too far behind with the forum! WHO is Lumi?! and WHY haven't I seen a picture?!?! :grumpy:

t.

maherwoman wrote:
Lumi is my baby that Rosie is being nice enough to foster for me :)

What an awesome idea!

Spank and Savannah bonded on their own. Spank used to be my baby - he'd come on the bus with me, walks in the park, and we'd fall asleep together. Now he spends all his time with that needly little lionhead :whatevah

Haha anyways, good luck! =P

Latest posts

Back