Conn members

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flash

Reaction score
As you know I've been searching other vets for prices getting Bentley neutered. I called Dr Joan Poster in Westport Conn, she's HRS recommended. The price for a neuter is $135 :bunnydance: and doesn't do a pre-op visit or bloodwork.

Does anyone in Conn. know this vet and is she good? The vet is about 50 mins away from me and that's fine I just want some input if she's a vet of someone here.

TIA

I haven't heard of her, but have you tried South Wilton Vet Clinic (very near Norwalk)? I've been told they're the best exotic vets in Conn and I've used them with my gerbils and rabbit for a few years. However, they did charge about $350 for Otto's neuter, so probably a bit more expensive than you're looking for. They do require a pre-op visit and recommended bloodwork, but said it wasn't absolutely necessary on a young bun. I had it done anyway. They also kept him overnight and into the next day to make sure he was eating and pooping, which was very nice of them.

Thanks elrohwen but that's about the prices I'm getting around here so if I can find a reputable rabbit vet that's cheaper I'm willing to go that route but will take him to my regular vet if anything happens in the future.

Try Dr. Kevin Craw in Wilton - if he is still practicing - I worked for him years ago and he did a lot of wildlife work as well. I heard the South Wilton Clinic was good, too. I used to live in the Silvermine section of Norwalk...

Good luck -

Denise

Back