Conjuntivitis

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mindy10

Reaction score
Has anyones rabbit ever had conjunctivitis and if so what where the symptoms. My vet said thats what blossom has because she gets crust on one eye but she has no weeping or discharge. Just the rim of her eye seems red and she gets a little bit of crust. Does that sound like conjunctivitis to you?

Thanks everyone The vet told me to stop the neomycin since it made her eye seem reder. She told me to leave it alone for a few days because maybe im iritating it more my trying to clean it and there is no reason to clean it since she does not have goop in it. So I guess I will wait and see. Also every website I see with conjunctivitis the rabbit usually has goop comming out.

Mindy10 wrote:
Thanks everyone The vet told me to stop the neomycin since it made her eye seem reder. She told me to leave it alone for a few days because maybe im iritating it more my trying to clean it and there is no reason to clean it since she does not have goop in it. So I guess I will wait and see. Also every website I see with conjunctivitis the rabbit usually has goop comming out.
How's her eye doing? Hope it's cleared up.

K:)

It definately seems better. Its not red like it was. Its more light pink. I think I might of iritated it when I was trying to clean the tiny bit of crust that was there. because I used my fingers and not a clean cloth. So from now on im letting her clean her own eyes!!

Raby was diagnosed with conjunctivitis less than a week ago. Got prescribed medicated eye drops and it has all cleared up already.

now did he have a runny eye or goop in his eye. Because blossom had none of that at all. I stoped the stuff because it seemed to make the rum around her eye real red and now it looks better.

now did he have a runny eye or goop in his eye. Because blossom had none of that at all. I stoped the stuff because it seemed to make the rum around her eye real red and now it looks better.

It was more goop that turned into a lot of crusties. Also there was redness. The eyedrops cleared up everything

Latest posts

Back