Confusing bunny o.O

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Courtneh

Reaction score
So.. i have a little tray of water for my bunny.. and she always insists on laying right in it! is this normal at all? will she get sick?

I take her out and put her away and she just hops right back and lays in it..

please help >.>

Can you get a smaller dish? My ceramic dishes are small. My buns can't sit in it. It's heavy enough that they cannot tip it over either (though they try... :p)

Sitting in water is not something a bun typically LIKES to do though! :?

Is she an outside or garage bunny and is it hot? If so try taking a water bottle and freezing it, then putting it in her cage. Also try shading her cage or getting some ventilation.

Yeah, I have seen bunnies (lops) dip their ear tips in bowls of water when they're very hot. I would think that's what she's doing. A fan might be a better option.

It sounds normaly, and really is not much of a problem if she is doing it willingly. :) I'm sure some bunnies like water, even if it is not typical.

It sounds like she may be too hot, and this is very possible if she is an outdoor rabbit.

If she isn't an outdoor rabbit, she could simply be very unique in having an affinity for laying in water.

My Ned loves to stand in his water bowl! Usually it's just his front paws, but a couple of times I've seen him sitting in it completely. I'm sure if the bowl was bigger he'd sit in it more often. Little weirdo. If it's not hot, I'd guess your bunny is just a water bunny :)

If this was Pocky, the bunny passed away. :(

I have found that when some of my bunnies are sick, they will put their feet in water or even lie in it. None were overheated, but I assumed it was a fever (or pain) response which is probably the same thing, a high body temperature.

(ETA: Some bunnies will also play in water, as noted).

sas :rip: Pocky

Latest posts

Back