Concerns about Lazarus

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so very sorry :(

He was loved and well cared for while he was here. I'm surehe'll be waiting to give you bunny-kisses when you make it to see himat Rainbow Bridge.

So sorry, I don' know what to say.

You've done all you can. Lazarus had a whole life oflove. The bunnies at Rainbow Bridge will take care of him now.

Pet_Bunny

Oh sandhills I am so very sorry, I was thinking about you today and Iam at a loss as to what to say to you other than, I am sorry.

It doesn't matter how long or short of a time we have buns in our lifefor they all touch us in special ways, and I can understand what youmean by feeling your heart has been broken.

(((((big hugs to you))))

I'm so so sorry :(. I really wanted Lazarus tomake it for you. I know how heartbreaking it can be to lose a littleone when you've put so much love and effort into keeping him alive. Thelength of time is irrelevant at those times.

Love and big hugs to you

Kate

Thank you, everybody, for posting your heartfeltwords about Lazarus's passing.... I hope he knows how much I loved him,and how much he was cared for by people that didnt even know him,except from postings here. I do know that he's gone on to a betterplace, where his little body is whole and unbroken. I know that nowhe's got boundless amounts of energy, and he's probably exploringeverything..... he's probably chinning and nuzzling everything andanything in sight!

I told the sweetie before he passed that my grandma was where he'd begoing, and that I was sure she'd look after him. I also told Lazarusabout my brother Charles (one of the 4 of us) that passed away at only8 days old. I know that he'll take care of Lazarus while I'm not ableto, and will give him lots of love and attention.

My husband was pretty upset yesterday, and last night especially afterLazarus passed on. He kept saying that he knew the little guy wasntgoing to make it, and that my daughter and I (and his mom!) should haveknown it was going to happen, and we shouldnt have let ourselves getattached to him...... I dont see how we are suppossed to do somethinglike that? When there is a little living creature that is helpless andin need of love and lots of care I think it's human nature that we wantto take care of it and nuture it. I think it's almost impossible not toget attached to a little being when you are so hoping for it's survival.

Anyways, thanks again everyone for all the kind condolances that you'vegiven since Lazarus has left for the rainbow bridge. I'm sure heappreciates all the thoughts of love that you've all given, also.

Hugs to all,
Annie

Aww Annie, I have just read this and I am so sorry that the little guy didn't make it.

You made him feel loved right beforehe passed over. Its wonderful that you did that for him.

I can understand your husband being upset, when we lost 3 of our babiesat 4 weeks, it was my hubbie that found them, he came in cradling thesurviving one and his heart was breaking.

Although you had him for such a short timehe was part of yourfamily. It is amazing how quick we get attached to the little ones.

Love and prayers go out to you and your family.

Vickie

sandhills_rabbits wrote:
Thank you, everybody, for posting your heartfelt words aboutLazarus's passing.... I hope he knows how much I loved him, and howmuch he was cared for by people that didnt even know him, except frompostings here. I do know that he's gone on to a better place, where hislittle body is whole and unbroken. I know that now he's got boundlessamounts of energy, and he's probably exploring everything..... he'sprobably chinning and nuzzling everything and anything in sight!

I told the sweetie before he passed that my grandma was where he'd begoing, and that I was sure she'd look after him. I also told Lazarusabout my brother Charles (one of the 4 of us) that passed away at only8 days old. I know that he'll take care of Lazarus while I'm not ableto, and will give him lots of love and attention.

My husband was pretty upset yesterday, and last night especially afterLazarus passed on. He kept saying that he knew the little guy wasntgoing to make it, and that my daughter and I (and his mom!) should haveknown it was going to happen, and we shouldnt have let ourselves getattached to him...... I dont see how we are suppossed to do somethinglike that? When there is a little living creature that is helpless andin need of love and lots of care I think it's human nature that we wantto take care of it and nuture it. I think it's almost impossible not toget attached to a little being when you are so hoping for it's survival.

Anyways, thanks again everyone for all the kind condolances that you'vegiven since Lazarus has left for the rainbow bridge. I'm sure heappreciates all the thoughts of love that you've all given, also.

Hugs to all,
Annie

i'm still just in shock by this! its so sad! i'm very sorry! hopefullyhe'll helpyouget that black bun you've alwayswanted.. take care!::hugs::

*~Amanda~*

Annie, I am so very sorry about Lazarus. I wasreally hoping and praying he would make it. You did everything youcould for him, and I am certain he knew he was loved. At least you werewith him at the end, and he passed in your arms. He will be binkying atRainbow Bridge, waiting for you! Take care - Jan.

Oh, I am so sorry about little Lazarus!! :( It's so sad when a bun dies, but it must be harder when its a baby :(

**sending hugs your way**

Michelle, Maggie, Peppy, and Samson

Back