Concerned: 2 10-week old bucks in Allentown, Pa area

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlysoup

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My sister came across this ad when looking for a dog to adopt:

http://allentown.craigslist.org/pet/4095941190.html

I live in Philadelphia, and I can't drive to get these two. I also don't have the space for 2 more bunnies. Otherwise, they would be mine (but, separated).

I am concerned because they are two young, prepubescent male rabbits being housed together. Can't that lead to trouble? I am thinking fighting, or worse.

What should I say to the poster? I don't want to upset them, but I think they ought to know housing young bucks together can lead to trouble.

Here is the ad:

http://allentown.craigslist.org/pet/4095941190.html

I don't want to get myself all worked up, and of course my sister had to draw my attention to the animal section of Craigslist. I specifically don't go there because I don't want my heart destroyed. :(

At 10 weeks it should be pretty safe. My two boys were housed together from babyhood and didn't start showing hormonal behaviour till after 3 months. You could just drop him a polite note though, that it would be better to sell the rabbits separately rather than together, in case they start fighting and the buyer comes back to harass him for selling aggressive bunnies or something.

They are old enough to be sold and are you sure they are in the same cage? They could be house separately since none of the pictures are showing them in the same cage together. From the looks of it it seems like there are two different cages, in two separate locations. Also @whiskylop I don't know if this is just how I took it, but you should never, ever, harass someone about something you disagree with and don't know the full story of. I would politely ask about if they are housed together and suggest in your question that they should be separate.

They are old enough to be sold and are you sure they are in the same cage? They could be house separately since none of the pictures are showing them in the same cage together. From the looks of it it seems like there are two different cages, in two separate locations. Also @whiskylop I don't know if this is just how I took it, but you should never, ever, harass someone about something you disagree with and don't know the full story of. I would politely ask about if they are housed together and suggest in your question that they should be separate.

I meant that carlysoup should let the seller know that it would be a good idea to sell them separately just in case the person who buys both bunnies houses them together, sees them fighting, and then harasses the seller for selling them what they think are "aggressive" bunnies. It's just a way of putting things from the seller's point of view, because they may not care enough about the bunnies to bother separating them for THE BUNNIES' wellbeing, know what I mean?

Last edited:
the buyer in the ad is willing to sell the separately OR together. Why is this a concern? It's a litter of two, he's selling them. This is the way people list rabbits for sale. You don't make a separate ad for each bunny. You just list them for sale.

@Whiskylop most people would not buy two rabbits (even as pets) without knowing some background. My guess is these guys will most likely go to someone wanting to breed rabbits for themselves. (Homesteading) I also think that if it was a pet owner getting them, because of all the advertisement done by the HRS, the rabbits would get neutered, I wouldn't worry about these guys;)
I agree with ladysown this seller is just selling his rabbits, I didn't really see anything wrong with his set up( housing in same cage original concern) I personally would not message the seller unless you truly thought the rabbits could be in harm, in which case you could ask politely if they are housed together and then list your concerns.

Back