Completely terrified bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DIpitydane

Reaction score
Ok, I'm posting this one for a friend who has a 4 month old mixed baby bun girl named Miffy....As you guy's may have noticed we've been having a little weather here down in the south, well the last two times it has stormed Miffy has woke her mommy up by screaming and thrashing in her cage! Immediately Stacy got up and held her and she settled but ONLY if she was held. I'm wondering if anyone else has ever had a storm phobic bun and if there's anything more she can do for her? It isn't a big deal to hold her during a storm obviously but what I DO see as a problem is the fact that if it stormed while Stacy was at work or otherwise away from home no one would be there to comfort her and she could hurt herself or worse. I know that to some degree we can know when it's going to storm and try to make arrangements for Miff to be at work with us or have someone home to comfort her but there's certain to be a time when we're either surprised by a thunderstorm or there's just no one who can stay with her, etc. Is there anything we can do other than do our best to accomodate her?

Keep a radio playing nearby, talk radio seems to be good. That way the rabbit gets used to sounds all the time. My lovely wife always says to play country music for her rabbits.

If bad weather is coming, put bunny away in a cage in a place that is dark.

If rabbit can hide in a hole (like a cage with a cover on it), they can usually hunker down and ride out the noise. When you walk up to the cage be sure to whistle or talk to the rabbit so you don't scare it when you approach.

I hope that helps.

Have a good day!

I didn't even think of those things...yes that defiitely gives some things to try. She could put a large, secure, "hidey" inside Miff's cage and maybe just be sure she's always caged when she has to leave the house. When she was holding her she buring her head in Stacy's elbow and hid....so I do think having something to hide in would be a big help!

Back