Competitive Rabbit Jumping

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flopsy

Reaction score
I've spent about an hour today trying to find outmore about this new sport. I haven't found much, saying that there haveonly been about two web sites with anything.

I think it would be great if this became a widespread sport. More rabbits would spend more time with their owners.

This is interesting for me because I have also been training a dog forAgility(much like rabbit jumping). I love it. I can't wait 'till thedog learns all the obsticals, so that we can start entering compitions.And most importantly she loves it.

There are two things that bother me though, with my lack of knowlage(can't spell sorry).

1.Would rabbits enjoy doing this or would they rather flop and sleep.
2. Is it unhealthy for their joints.

I would love for an opinion. After I find out, I hope that Flopsy and Ican start traing right alway. Thank you all for your time.

-Ashley & Flopsy

Most of the jumping I've read about occurs inScandinavia, Germany, Holland and and the like. Some peoplethat used to post on the old Rabbits Only Forum at Delphi Forums weretrying to get it off the ground in the U.S. and Canada, but Idon't know with what success.

I doubt that it is unhealthy because rabbits seem to love and jumpnaturally. One is just channeling the propensity for thatactivity into a specific form and outlet. I guess,itwould not be good for a geriatric, arthritic rabbit, butwho knows, if could even be beneficial in those circumstances.

An Internet search will bring up some of these foreign rabbit jumpingsites. I believe both Yahoo and Google have languagetranslation options, so that you could follow what goes on during thesecompetitions.

Keep us informed of anything interesting you might learn, please!

Buck

Try getting in touch with this lady for info:

Rabbit Hopping Organization of America

Linda J. Hoover

PO Box 184

Veneta, OR 97487

[email protected](not sure if this email works, and it appears that the club website isdown)

Pam. I think that she quit. :( When I emailed hershe told me that the site was never going to be up again and that shehad no information for me.

Well, I found a hole lot of info in Rabbits for Dummies. Pages 237-240

I've been traing Flopsy acorrding to dircertions in the book. He's beendoing well. My dad took some pictures. I'll have them up by the weekendfor you all. So far he can jump three hurdels in a row.

Ashley & Flopsy

Flopsy wrote:
Pam.I think that she quit. :( When I emailed her she told me that the sitewas never going to be up again and that she had no information for me.

Ashley & Flopsy

What a shame :( I had gotten that information from the newlypublished Ohio State University 4-H manuals which featured a rabbitjumping photo and listed on the info on the new rabbit jumpingclub.

Maybe you can start a new one . . .

.....a 15 year old making an rabbit hopping club. That would be cool. I've always wanted to creat something involing animals.

I mean, I already have a plan to make it known to people. Like holding demonstrations at petstores and stuff.

Maybe I could get some help from my dad... maybe.

Whats funny is, how come this hasen't become popluar? I mean Flopsylearned what he's supposed to do in a matter of minutes. I mean somerabbits might not learn as quickly, but most of yous give your buns, amany hours of love which has got to create brain stimulation.

I have to be super nice to my dad, I've made a website I tell you allthe address after its cleaned up a little. If anyone has anysuggestions please feel free to share. Every little bit helps. ;)

-Ashley & Flopsy

Latest posts

Back