companionship

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kookookachoo221

Reaction score
I got my 2 bunnies a few months ago but I dontfeel like my bunny really trusts me. Is it just too soon? I want forthe bunny to beable to fall asleep in my arms and feel safe. How do Iget them to do that and still feel safe? Whenever I hold thebunnies they are scared. I dont know what to do.

Kookookachoo

Most rabbits dont like to be held. Theylike their little paws on terra firma. Usually they will becontent laying NEXT to you, but most buns dont like being off theground.

Coaxing with treats and just spending time near them will help, donttry to pick them up, just talk with them and be where they can see you.

i have to agree with bunsforlife..bunnies dontseem to normally like to be picked up and held.. a good showof trust would be your bunnies acting like bunnies in your presence:) just hopping about doing bunny stuff shows you thatthey're tolerating your presence.. spend lots of time on the floor justlaying there with your bunnies.. they'll come to you :)

Stitch seriously tolerates me so much she puts upwith me doing so much with her hehehe I pet her for long periods oftime. I scratch her up and down the side of her body as she eats. Ipick her up and she just lays there and just puts up with me SO FAR.

I do spend a whole lot of time on the floor tho Im always crawlingafter her we take the roll from the paper towels and I always take oneside and flip it and she grabs the other side and flips it back at meand we do that for a bit.

I push a ball toward her and she just looks at me like Imnuts. I lay on the floor and watch TV and she hops on my sideand or on my back as Im laying there she tried to hop on my head butshe scratched me so she doesn't go near my head anymore other then tosmooch me.

We play tag LOL I crawl after her and tag her bottom them I crawl awayand she chases me its quite strange. Stitch is only 3 1/2months old and very playful. I got her 30 Sept 04 but itsjust her and I no other bunny well theres the Guinea Pig but they spendseperate times with outside cage time.

Marie

That is veryfunny! I never knew that bunnies could be that playful!:)Seemy problem is that the rest of my family is very veryveryallergic to rabbits so I dont't really know how to playaround ifthe bunnies get out,( outside). My doe and buck areboth 6months old and the doe is pregnant. How doyou suggest I play around with them if I cant bring theminside?

kookookachoo

I agree, spending time on the ground with them isvery rewarding. In the exercise pen put some toys around, so that theycan have fun while being there. And if possible try to be on the groundwith them, bunnies seem to like to interact on their level.
As soon as we sit on the floor, Chernish comes out of the cages and comes over to sniff us.

A few hours agoI went out in my garage and took the buck out of his cage andhad some celery leaves in my hand and he came over and kissed me! Itwas the cuttest thing!:DWhat do you suggest bunnies love fortoys?

kookookachoo

http://www.rabbit.org/journal/3-6/chew-stick.html

Its a good website. I think other people here can give you more links.
Also if you search there were great topics on bunny toys.

I give my bunny empty toilet paper rolls,pine cones(baked for 15minutes), big paper clip. Also I made him a digging box filled with hayand shredded paper, he loves to dig and throw hay around.

Also I heard that pet store toys save for cats are good for bunnies too, just make sure they won't eat it.

Latest posts

Back