Companions?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loppy Earred Mom

Reaction score
I read all these posts and cant help but wonderam I being mean only having Stitch and not getting her a pal? I know myhusband right now will kill me to get another one but is this somethingI have to do? If I feel she's too lonely is it bad to get her a palmuch later?

My Stitch doesn't groom me either I dunno if its cause she's stillyoung or if its cause she doesn't like me enough to :(

Personally, I think rabbits are happier with acompanion, as they are very social animals. Obviously, not everyone canhave two, or even want two rabbits, this is just my own opinion.

Chompers was an only rabbit over 2 1/2 years, when my husband and Idecided to get another rabbit. Mostly we wanted another one, we didn'tthink he needed a companion. Thankfully, it was love at first sight andthey're very bonded. It helped that we got a doe I think.

Recently, we got another bunny, another doe. The two females aren't exactly best friends yet, but we're working on it.

Long story short, it sounds to me like you really want another rabbit. :p If your hubby is ok with it, I say go for it!

About a month ago i adopted a boy bunny namedRoger. Part cause i thought maybe she would want a friend, but mostlyfor me casue i was sad cause i gave up two dogs and my husbandsuggested in but didnt mean it and couldnt go back.

So far they arent really friends yet. I just moved his cage,next to hers. Before i was kinda under the table. (mean husband) Then imoved him to be in front of it and no was could sit at the table eitherway. So he has been moved to sit in front of her cage. Luvused to just sit and he runs so she runs too. He would chase her awayfrom the spot behind her cage. I am hoping they grow to love each otherso they can someday share a cage but if not its ok too.

Cristy

If you arnt going to give her a compainion you have to make up for it by giving her extra love.

I had my last rabbit for 9 years and he lived all on his own. I f u dohowever decide to get a companion i woudl by a boy because girl and boyget on best. I would also buy/adopt one fairly some because its best tobond them when their young.

Loadza luv

Lauren

xXx

I would love to get another rabbit but I honestlyneed to let my husband still adjust to this one since she was my choicenot his. He holds her and pets her and talks baby talk to herbut he goes for the guinea first *giggles* I just have to let a littletime go and then bring it up to him he's a big softy anyways

Latest posts

Back