Communication speech

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Byfuzzerabbit

Reaction score
I have to do a speech for my communication class. Like a persuasion one. I am doing mine on easter and why people shouldn't get a rabbit for easter. Any interesting facts you guys know?

Have you checked the house rabbit society's web page? They have some great presentations that I have been seeing come up on facebook lately. Also check out "make mine chocolate", they are specifically aimed at the Easter holiday bunny issue. Good luck with your speach :)

Umm well basics come to mind. Like your basic costs of vet bills, feed, litter, housing, neuter/spay, and show costs. It all depends on what your doing with your bun. The fun of having a bun may dwindle down for those "in the moment" type of pet. I love buns all year around soshould new owners. I don't like the " we got a bun to help our child learn responsability" lessons.

I just did that speech for my speech class. Can you have visual aids? The best way to deter people from impulse-Easter bunnies is to show them what is involved.
I had pictures of baby New Zealand White Rabbits, and then one of my full-grown one.
The class was shocked.
I showed them photos of the exercise pen set up and what is involved.
Talk about the education factor of teaching kids the importance of responsibility and caring about something else other than themselves.

Good luck!

Lindy, I'll try to give you some quick basics, but you're tight on time, so not sure this will help.
I have a ten dollar bun. I've spent almost $1000 on vet bills, and he's pretty healthy. $300 for a neuter. $100 annual exam. $400 for grinding down his molars. $15 to cut his nails when I can't bring myself to do it. :)
Food runs about $10/month. Litter the same. His cage and assorted items came to about $150.

Of course, I'm in the DC Metro area, so vets are quite a bit more expensive here. But, it's not about the money, at least for me. I just love the little buggers. :)

Mary Anne

:bunnydance:

Hi all I'm new to the site but had some input.
Check out the site http://www.makeminechocolate.org/
It has a lot of info on why bunnies do not make Easter pets and why you should consider it long and hard before you purchase a rabbit.
I have a small animal rescue and take my bunnies to adoption events. I printed out some of the info from that site to display. I don't usually try and adopt any bunnies out close to Easter but I really need to find homes for a few of them. :expressionless

Well glad it's over with. I tried your idea EileenH. I got a picture of my second rabbit as a baby and one grown up and people were really surprised I also did the flemish giant one also just because I thought it would be funny.

Latest posts

Back