Colour question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NZminilops

Reaction score
I have a broken sooty fawn doe (hmmm, I think maybe a broken tort in USA terms?) and a black buck I will be mating. I have absolutely no idea of her parentage colour wise, but the buck has a black mother and a cali father. I was wondering if there is any way I can predict what kind of kits they will have? In the past she has had one litter to another rabbit of the exact same colouring as herself (my avatar) and had a solid sooty fawn, two brokens and a charlie but all with same colouring really, just like the parents.
I was wondering if she would be likely to have some none-sooty fawn kits? What do you think?

Thanks!
Michelle

It all depends on their hidden recessives.  Without knowing the variables, your outcome would definitely produce Blacks & Torts ("Sooty Fawn").  One thing that is a given though is all your offspring will be Selfs.

Broken Tort (aka "Sooty Fawn") - aa B_ C_ D_ ee Enen
Solid Black - aa B_ C_ D_ E_ enen

Possible Offspring =
Blacks  - aa B_ C_ D_ Ee
Possible Torts - aa B_ C_ D_ ee
Maybe REWs (Red-Eyed Whites) - aa ?_ cc ?_ ?e ?_
Maybe Blues - aa B_ C_ dd Ee

In the resulting litter, the chances of any single kit being Solid is 50%, being Broken is 50%, and being Charlie is 0%.

~Sunshine

To me, without explaining some technical stuff, sounds like you're ging to have some totally random kits!

Latest posts

Back