Color Help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windyhill

Reaction score
My daughter just had to have a bunny and since we already had everything for one, we gave in and got her a baby bunny.

Were told its a netherland dwarf, but not sure. I breed mice, so Im very interested in colors.

What color is this? We were told [font=""]Tortoise Shell, but [/font]I thought it was chocolate at first, but now, its ears are an light chocolate/orange color and it has a chocolate/orange strip on its side. Not sure if its from the sun or not.

The breed or color isnt a big deal, but Im just curious

This pic is a bt old, so you cant see the light spots on it. I will get a new pic soon.

419709_2725098818468_1587065287_1993947_1839248541_n.jpg

Definitely a Tort. The Gray is considered blue. Blue is a diluted color of Black. As well as Chocolate is a diluted color. So I believe you have a Chocloate Tort. And as bunnies mature,they will sometimes get lighter or darker when they molt for the first time. Pretty Bunny.

K:)

Its hard to tell what color for me. She is molting as it looks like there is dead hair more on her back. Chocolates get a rusty or copper color on them when they are molting or sunfaded.

I'm going to guess a Lilac or bad chocolate. I can see where tort might come in but they really are supposed to have more orange even mixed breed bunnies. I would also guess netherland dwarf mix for the breed.

Oh and mice have a LOT of colors! Similar colors in bunnies but with different names. I wanted to get some tan mice to go with my tan bunnies but i have no clue how to find some.

Thanks!
Ill take an updated picture and post it.

She is alot less stressed now then she was when I brought her home. Her coat looks healthier now.
She has a greyish undercoat if that helps any.

In mice chamgpange is the dilute of chocolate and lilac is the dilute of black,lol.

Oh wow lol. I'm going to be safe and say not a lilac. Does the rest of her body look like her belly or more like her head with the orange/chocolate?

If she molts out her head I'm thinking chocolate. She is definitely different lol but cute!

Looks like a Nederland Dwarf mix to me! The back leg looks weirdly small in that first pic :s

now that the picture is bigger it looks like she might molt into a chocolate. I just thought of the name Reese's for her LOL

so cute

Definitely looking towards Chocolate Tort. It's amazing how young bunnies coats change. They do. I was told that you really won't know the true color until at least 5 months old. They loose their baby fur and gain their adult fur.

My Dobby changed twice until he reached his adult coloring.

What a sweetie!

K:)

I think her leg just looks weird before she was in a box (I took that pic on the way home,lol) and was in a weird angel.

I cant wait until she is older and stops changing colors,lol.

Latest posts

Back