Color changing bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabitha

Reaction score
OK guys! No one told me that bunnies change color. :shock:

If they don't, then i have a Magic Rabbit!:bouquet:

Tabitha was mostly grey with a white wash over her and a little tan on her sides.

I noticed she was shedding so today i brushed her. By thetime i was done, a lot of her grey furhad come out and nowshe is half tan and half grey.

What's up with that? :dunno

Did i break my bunny already? :tears2:

:happynewyear:

Tabitha wrote:
Did i break my bunny already? :tears2:

:happynewyear:
That is hilarious! I'm sorry, I don't have an answer to your question. But I am sure someone knowledgeable will be by very soon.

She appears to be Chinchillacoloredin the photos you posted on anotherthread. That color can change quite a bit as the new coatcomes in.

Pam

Did i break my bunny already?
LOL! Sorry...that was just too funny! :laugh:

Raph does the same thing. He's officially blue in color, but when hemolts his sides turn brown...even my vet was confused the last time hesaw him, and asked if Raph had changed color, or if he was dirty.Nope...when he is changing from one coat to another, his flanks getsvery brown. I used to ride a horse once who did the same thing. She wasblack, or as close to black as I could tell, but in the summertime herhair went from almost pure black to that of a brown color. She lookedlike a different horse!

So *phew*...you didn't break your bunny after all! :D

As Pam said, some bunnies change color drastically!

Mocha is a chocolate chinchilla and here is an example of how different his color is:
mopic.jpg

The darker is his color after shedding.

Hehe! Zeke is the same way.He's an Agouti-colored Mini Lop, from what I understand. Heappears to be brown, but when he molts, black lines appear throughouthis coat and the fur he sheds is definitely gray. He's amulti-colored bun!

Erin

Yep! That's what Tabitha is looking like right now. She's going from grey to brown.

Woooo!:lookaround I am so relieved i didn't break heralready. What a way to start the New Year.....with a brokenbunny! What fun would that be?:wink

My TinkleBunny is a chinchilla colored rabbittoo. She had a lot more brown on her when I first got her when she wasa little girl. Now she is completely brown free. The mysteries ofrabbits. :dunno

~Star~

Misty's face and body haveturned moregrey this winter, and in the summer she was all white on the body andjust a little grey on the face. I didn't realize they didthat either!

I will post before and after pictures of Tabitha tomorrow. My camera quit on me, again!

I need to brush her again as she seems to loose so much fur everytime i pet her.

I don't think she has ever been brushed her whole life.

I do believe she is a young adult bunny so i would imagine she already has her adult coat.

We have had her a little under a week now and her personality issomething else. She is more like a dog then abunny. She loves everybody and will run up to everyone andrub her head up against them. She wants everyone to love onher. Everyone that meets her says she is the friendliestbunny they have ever met.

Just can't understand why someone would throw her out with the trash.

It doesn't matter what color she is, she is personality plus.

Latest posts

Back