Cold or Allergies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelly316

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So lately Nubbles has been sneezing quite a bit. She's been sneezing for quite some time, but just last week we've noticed what looks like some boogies in her nose and it being a little runny.

Could it be just allergies or a cold maybe?

Thanks!

Just an FYI, rabbits don't get colds like humans do.

Could you explain "sneezing for quite some time?" How long is that? And what does her nasal discharge look like? If it's thin and clear it's more likely to be allergies/dust. Have you done anything to reduce dust, such as shaking hay out outside, switching to a litter with less dust, air filter, etc.?

Since this has been going on for some time I'd feel safer bringing her to a vet. If her nasal discharge is thick and/or not clear chances are she has an upper respiratory infection (URI) and will need antibiotics.

Probably about a month or two. The discharge is clear and she's acting perfectly normal...her usual distructive adorable self :). I haven't done anything yet to reduce dust, other than vacuum, because until I started reading some things I didn't realize rabbits could even have allergies! I'll def try something to reduce the dust now though and see how that works.

Latest posts

Back