Codi

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

che

Reaction score
I purchased Codi on 26th Jan 2014, from a local pet shop. She's my first rabbit, so I didn't feel confident enough to go to a rescue and try to fulfill all of their criteria. The pet shop couldn't tell me anything about her, other than that she was a female and hadn't been spayed or vaccinated. I got her vaccinated about a week after getting her, and spayed on 3rd March 2014. She didn't respond well to the spay - she wasn't in any signs of pain but was non-responsive and didn't eat until 24-28 hours later on her own. Until then, she would only allow a tiny amount of syringe feeding and was refusing water as well as food which meant that I had to take back to the vet for a second day of nursing care, after which she improved quickly.

Codi's a very friendly bunny - she loves me and my husband, enjoys evenings running around the lounge or sprawling out with her head resting on our fireplace. However, we come second best to Harrington's Organic Pellets, which she's learned to beg for and to take out of a bottle. As soon as anyone walks within a few feet of the bag she's up on her hind legs begging!

Codi occasionally enjoys time with Emrys, my Hermann's tortoise (hatched 1st Sept 2009 and purchased 16th September 2011), but whilst he's obsessed with her she goes from being his best friend to becoming too rough in a matter of minutes which means that sharing their lunch is a rare experience.

c4.jpg

c3.jpg

c2.jpg

c1.jpg

c5.jpg

Latest posts

Back