Coccidia treatment

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbarn

Reaction score
I recently purchased 3 flemish giant rabbits from a woman. First 2 babies, then I went back and got one more. She is a broker and sold them too young. When my first two turned 8 weeks old I went and bought a5 week old. Apparently the 5 week old had a bad case of coccidia which infected my other two rabbits.

The 5 week old passed away after 3 days of hand feeding her and keeping her hydrated. She actually looked like she was getting better but I took her to the vet. They gave me Albon and anti diarrhea medication. She passed away that night after I gave her the meds.

Now I still have my 9 week olds that are sick. My question is when will the albon start to make them improve. They have been on it 3 days and still not wanting to eat. They have poor appetite and don't poop much at all and if they do it watery. I have been hand feeding, giving simethicone gas drops and immodium. My doe is grinding her teeth alot and I'm so nervous. Can they over come this?:(

Thank you for your prayers. I bought these babies from a "breeder" who sold them at 5 weeks old. I wasn't aware at the time that they could get so sick if taken from their mom's before 8 weeks. I've learned alot in the past month. This breeder is really a broker who goes to a meat man and gets them for 5 dollars each and sells them right away on craigslist for 65-100 dollars. She now wont give me my money back for the one baby that died but I am fighting her for it. I could have asked for the vet bills to be reimbursed but I was trying to be nice. We'll see how it all ends up.

Back