Coat Colors of the Domestic Rabbit Project

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamnock

Reaction score
Many thanks to those who have contributed photos to "Coat Colors of the Domestic Rabbit".

http://www.geocities.com/pamnock/coat_colors1.html

Photos still needed include:

Red (also belly view)

Fawn (both versions with belly and eye color)

D' Argents

Squirrel (with ring color and belly view)

Smoke Pearl Chin (with ring color and belly view)

Sable Point Marten (with belly view)

Lutino

Chocolate Sable Point

Smoke Pearl Marten (with belly view)

Chocolate Otter (with belly view)

Lilac Otter (with belly view)

Himi chocolate and lilac

Steel varieties

Blue and Lilac Tans

Also any shots of breed color DQ's

Please include photo credit information with photos.

Pam :)

Wildfire is a red mini rex, and I believe shehas a DQ mark on her tail. A very faint brown marking, butI've never taken her to a show so I'm not 100%. Would you like some pictures? And if you do, what types of pictures?

--Dawn

Okay, I'll take some, and post them here, andyou can tell me if you need them changed at all. Then if they are good I can e-mail them to you.

For the belly, should I just flip her over and take a picture?

I'll try to take some now, well, after I wash the dishes...

--Dawn

I have a squirrel MR doe, would you like pics ofher too? Just blow into her coat and take a pic of that view, and her belly also? Where do I post 'em?

Hi, I was just wondering...

Would Buster be called Sable Point? The second one is him in a bag of hay just to show what his body looks like.

Buster3.jpg

Pets001.jpg

Would Button be called Blue?
Button2.jpg

And would Pej be called Broken?

Pej2.jpg

Thanks!

gentle giants wrote:
I have a squirrel MR doe, would you like pics of her too?Just blow into her coat and take a pic of that view, and her bellyalso? Where do I post 'em?

Yes, blow into the coat so the rings can be clearly seen (or hold the coat open with your hand).

Photos can be sent to me at [email protected]

Thanks!

Pam

Okay, here's what I managed to gettonight. I don't think they are very good, and if you need some better ones, please let me know and I'll take some more.

I can probably get some better ones this week end when my boyfriend comes over, he's pretty good with the camera. She was pretty squirly for me tonight.

But give me your feed back, and what you need better and I'll do it this week end.

--Dawn

Awesome Dawn!

I'll send you the link as soon as I get them posted (hopefully will get caught up by this weekend).

Pam

Tomorrow I will have some blue tan pics for you-I may have some lilac tan pics in my old picture archives- I will have to look them up. My friend has some lilac tans in the nest box right now- so if I can't find the old pictures, I can get some in a few weeks.

How about a blue Checkered?

I found the lilac tan picture.

Credits:
Zenny (rabbits name)
Bridget Graham - Hippity Hop Rabbitry, FL
Photographer- Lindsay Clark

zenny_2.jpg

(Just a note to say the editing of the picture was only to the background- not to the rabbit)

clarzoo wrote:
I found the lilac tan picture.

Credits:
Zenny (rabbits name)
Bridget Graham - Hippity Hop Rabbitry, FL
Photographer- Lindsay Clark

zenny_2.jpg

(Just a note to say the editing of the picture was only to the background- not to the rabbit)

This photo is great because it shows the eye color so well!I'll let you know when I post it on the site and I'll give you the link to verify accuracy of your photo credit.

Thanks!

aurora369 wrote:
Pam,

Are those pictures good enough? I can re-take any that aren't acceptable this week end, it's not a problem.

--Dawn

Yes - the photos are very well done!

Pam

pamnock wrote:
This photo is great because it shows the eye color so well!I'll let you know when I post it on the site and I'll give you the linkto verify accuracy of your photo credit.

Thanks!

I am glad I could help! I have always liked that picture, even thoughit is at least 3-4 years old for how well it shows the color, especially in the eye like you stated.

I just picked up 3 blue tans from the same friend who owns the Lilac pictured above. They have a very deep blue color and great belly color. I will try to get pics for you soon.

Would love it Sharon! You can postiton this threador email to[email protected]

I received a large response for my photo request andamuploading them in the order I received them. It will probably take me a few days to get caught up at this point.

The quality and variety of photos I received is very exciting!

Pam

Latest posts

Back