Clipping nails ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stang-girl13

Reaction score
My bunny roo is 11 weeks old ...whens can you first try an clip there claws ?

I would start at least tipping their nails as young as possible so they get used to the idea and realize you're not going to hurt them.

By 11-12 weeks, my girls' nails were getting painfully sharp and I got right on those nail trims, lol. Your bunn is definitely old enough :).

Yes i agree with everyone start now....I adopted stewie in january(he's the awesome cute guy to the left there :) )
And i started pretty much right away as he was 4 months old and his nails were really long and haven't ever been clipped i don't think but he was really good about it.I just talked to him nice and gentle and sofly and just did a couple at a time and gave him treats lol...i can have him just sit there on my lap and get them done and he doesn't mind at all.The earlier you start the quicker they get the idea that it is just normal stuff :)

Good Luck i'm sure that Roo will be used to it and enjoy the snuggles that she gets also while it's being done....make it all about her and she'll lap it up ;)

Yes i agree with everyone start now....I adopted stewie in january(he's the awesome cute guy to the left there :) )
And i started pretty much right away as he was 4 months old and his nails were really long and haven't ever been clipped i don't think but he was really good about it.I just talked to him nice and gentle and sofly and just did a couple at a time and gave him treats lol...i can have him just sit there on my lap and get them done and he doesn't mind at all.The earlier you start the quicker they get the idea that it is just normal stuff :)

Good Luck i'm sure that Roo will be used to it and enjoy the snuggles that she gets also while it's being done....make it all about her and she'll lap it up ;)

We have a Stewie too! Offical name is Stewart after Jimmy Stewart (or if I want to annoy my Twilight hating 19 year old son I say he was named after Kristen Stewart (Bella)). He is 11 weeks old and his nails are little needles, I'm going to get going on them today.

I got like 8 nails cliped an she freeked out ganna play w her feet an tham try finish the rest

Gave her letouse after I cliped some nails an said good girl !!! So she knows she gets a treat after

Latest posts

Back