Clicker training

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepper89

Reaction score
I have been clicker training for over a week and it feels like I am getting no where... especially when I put him in a seperate pen to focus it seems his attention is always somewhere else either that or trying to escape...
Any suggestions? I don’t know if it makes a difference cause of his age (9 months) or breed (Dwarf)?

Yummier treats? Try not feeding him before so he is desperate for those treats and will do anything to get them :) also make sure the pen you are doing it in is somewhere he is familiar with so he doesn’t feel the need to explore :) maybe you need to start with teaching him something simpler? What are you teaching? I wouldn’t worry too much, a week isn’t long and some can take longer to pick stuff up than others!
If you have lots of questions feel free to PM me I have done a lot clicker training myself :)

I will definitely try that :) thank you!
I am just starting out so just teaching him that the click means something good. I am hoping once he gets that down then i will try teaching him other tricks :)

I tried some clicker training as well to try to get Bunster to get on a scale on command, but didn't seem to get very far. It seemed like it was working except that actually he was just following my hands for the treat, not the verbal cue lol. At least clicker training has been functional enough where I can kiiiind of get him to "go home" but really he's still just following my finger cause he thinks I have food instead of following my verbal cue. I want to check out that clicker training book I've seen.. but would love to hear your experiences Popsicles.

I’ve got my bun doing “beg”, twist on the spot, jump through my arms as hoops.. and some of the basics. Sounds like you’re on the right track @lavendertealatte , once he understands what it is you want you can gradually turn the moving your finger to follow, to just a flick in that direction, while saying the cue word very loudly, to eventually just the word. It definitely can be a slow process with some bunnies, plus bunster is also pretty young isn’t he? So I wouldn’t worry too much he isn’t perfect yet - the fact he is showing he is keen to learn and follow your instruction is promising enough! If you have specific questions I can try and answer :)

That sounds awesome! I would love to teach Pepper to jump through my arms.
I wish you all the luck lavendertealatte! :)

Latest posts

Back