Clicker Training TWO buns.... are DIFFERENT clickers needed?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 25471

Lionel and Murphy
Reaction score
I would like to start clicker training!! My Holland has learned some tricks such as beg, come and circle - but I think expanding to more tricks may be easier with a clicker. I have TWO bunnies though. How do I go about training both? (they aren't bonded yet ) Can one be in ear shot of the other when I train the other? Do I need to have two Different sounding clickers? I have 2 different clickers -one has a ball on the end I was going to use for target training and one is just hand held and they have a slightly different "click" sound but I was actually hoping I could use both clickers interchangeably - or is that not a good idea (which I obviously cant to if it is recommended I DO use different ones on each bun!

Update... In case anyone is interested in this. It is still a works in progress but I started training my second bunny. I am using the same clicker and although we are in earshot of the other bunny - I am doing it in separate area of the room from him (since they can't be together anyways) So far - it doesn't seem to bother bunny #1 - I guess he must know I'm not working with HIM. Very cool how fast they learn with the clicker :)

Awesome! Rabbits really are super intelligent :D. If you like training them, you could also look into building an agility course. I have detailed instructions about how I did mine starting at this point in my blog, but unfortunately Photobucket sucks and most of the pictures are broken. The obstacle ideas came either directly from or were modified from this website, shared with me by another RO member back in the day. The Canadian Rabbit Hopping Club site has detailed instructions on how to make stuff that looks fancier than what I came up with... I improvised a bit for budget and simplicity reasons.

Awesome! Rabbits really are super intelligent :D. If you like training them, you could also look into building an agility course. I have detailed instructions about how I did mine starting at this point in my blog, but unfortunately Photobucket sucks and most of the pictures are broken. The obstacle ideas came either directly from or were modified from this website, shared with me by another RO member back in the day. The Canadian Rabbit Hopping Club site has detailed instructions on how to make stuff that looks fancier than what I came up with... I improvised a bit for budget and simplicity reasons.
Oh thanks - yes, I would love to do something like that. While I am clicker training - I am also getting them used to a harness. Theres so much information ... I know the most important part is be consistent - but I keep getting better ideas how to do things . I wanted to start out the best way from the start !

You'll always end up getting new ideas to improve things, lol. I love how into training your rabbits you are! They seem to have a lot of fun with training, especially when it engages their minds.

One thing I forgot to mention, since clicker-training is treat based, one of the best options is to use pellets as treats (subtracted from their daily ration so that they're not getting too many). If you act like it's a treat, they'll typically go along with it (especially since pellets are so popular and are already limited for them anyway). You can also use small pieces of non-leafy veggies or petals from edible flowers, since those should be limited to 1 tbsp per 2 lbs weight daily rather than the stingy 1 tsp per 2 lbs that fruit has to be limited to.

You'll always end up getting new ideas to improve things, lol. I love how into training your rabbits you are! They seem to have a lot of fun with training, especially when it engages their minds.

One thing I forgot to mention, since clicker-training is treat based, one of the best options is to use pellets as treats (subtracted from their daily ration so that they're not getting too many). If you act like it's a treat, they'll typically go along with it (especially since pellets are so popular and are already limited for them anyway). You can also use small pieces of non-leafy veggies or petals from edible flowers, since those should be limited to 1 tbsp per 2 lbs weight daily rather than the stingy 1 tsp per 2 lbs that fruit has to be limited to.
Haha - yeah - right now - the pellets work as a treat - nice and small too. I will have to update how my training is going in a few weeks. They definitely know to touch the target (ball on end of a stick) - now I have to incorporate that into more tricks :)

I would love to do something like this - agility course and harness training. I only clicker trained some of my rabbits so it would be easier to gather them when outdoor play time was up...they come running when they hear it now...I used pellets as a reward system too.

I have a rather specific question about the whole "target" and Clicker training... I am going to post it as a new thread since its a general rabbit clicker question! For anyone following this thread maybe look for the additional question I will post.

Latest posts

Back