Clever people: what breed is my little bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinymonster

Reaction score
I'd love some advice from experienced bunny people. I just bought my rabbit from a pet store (it was kind of a spur of the moment decision, which I feel a bit guilty about-- I am usually more of a careful research person!) and I have no idea what breed he is. Can anyone tell me from my pictures?

muffin3.gif

muffin7.gif

More photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/madebybees/

Someone on the introduction thread suggested he might be a blue dutch mix. I hope so, they're beautiful! :) Oh well, whatever he is, he's a darling!

I can tell you the colouring is vienna marked blue fox, unsure of the breeding but reminds me of Sophie when she was little (netherland dwarf crossed with minilop).

Sophieplaysoutside.jpg

YUP i think MIchelle (NZMinilop) is correct..

BTW i loooove your bunny he is sooo cute!
Hes on my bunny napping list. whats his name?

PRisca :pinkbouce:

Nooo, don't steal my bunny! Luckily I live in Western Australia, so you might be better off just waiting for photos :p

His name is Muffin (we're actually not sure what sex he is, so we chose a neutral name) and we've had him for three days. He's about five weeks old. It's so hard leaving the house and coming to work when there's a bunny to cuddle!

I'm happy to hear that he might be a dwarf breed, I saw some ENORMOUS Rexes at another pet shop and I got a bit worried! Apparently Netherland dwarfs are very common pet shop rabbits in Australia.

ears and crown make me think lop. do you know how old s/he is? looks about six to eight weeks, so make sure not to feed him/her any fruits or vegies;)

Latest posts

Back