Cleaning up...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmberNBuns

Reaction score
I was wondering what kinds of cleaning routines everybody has...

I vacuum every day at 3:30 before my hubby gets home from work. (Hedoesn't tolerate cocoa puffs underfoot as well as I do... :))

Has anybody come up with anything clever to aid in the chores?

I cant say I have a routine but I amdefinitely cleaning all the time. :D Right now Nimue is shedding somuch that he creates a layer of "snow" all around his cage if I dontclean it up daily. And its Hazel's new habit to see how far she can gether litter out of her cage :mad:

~Amy

LOL Amy - I had 2 holland lops several yearsago. They loved digging in their litter boxes so much that Ihad to buy the high-back boxes. But they took it upon themselves tochew the sides down to about 1 inch so they could kick their litter outagain...

I wonder... has anybody else on the board ever put a diaper on theirbunny? I did when I was younger, as a joke. It made for acute picture, but didn't last long of course... :)I will haveto see if I can find those pictures.

zoecat6 wrote:
Ihave a small shop vac and it works great. I couldn't keep upwith my 9 buns without it. :D
Oooh! A shop vac is a great idea!I have a big old Kirby G6. Boy is that a pain to lug up and down the stairs!

I wonder if one of those hokey things they use in the restaurants would work well for bunny poos.

*brain gears grinding away*

I LOVEEEEEE the shop-vac my parents have, butsince I'm moving into an apartment it just doesn't work asfar as space. (To the thanks of my b/f;s gracious parents)they bought a vaccuum for us, I wish I could remember the brand itsbright purple, anywho...it just has a canister you just dump, ratherthan a bag which for me at least fill up quickly with poop and the hayalways clogs it up plus not to mention, bags are cheap either.

SO in short if you can't get access to the wonders of a shop-vac, andvaccuum that uses a canister rather than a bag is just as good! ;)

I know that only bunny ppl can fully understand,but I LOVE to vacuum! It gives me great pleasure to see allthe bunny fur that was on the carpet that is now in the "baglessvacuum" that I have. I swear somedays I pull out anotherbunny! heheee

My daily routine is vacuuming every weekend, but during heavy molts(like now) I tend to vacuum almost everyday or every otherday. I clean litterboxes every 4-5 days and wash food dishesevery other day. Even though all my bunnies are littertrainedthere are always stray poops that get kicked out too and of course Ipicked those up everyday (or my bf would freak!!)

Wait until their mess is so bad I cannot stand it. About onece to twice a week.

Ed

I have an Orek cordless vac that I usefor the bunnies. It is very hand and works great.The advantage over a hand vac is that you don't have to bend over touse it. I usually run it around the bunny pen once aday. It has a bagless canister that is easy to empty.

edwinf8936 wrote:
Wait until their mess is so bad I cannot stand it.About onece to twice a week.
LOL! I know exactly what you mean. Unfortunately, my tolerance level is higher than some others in this home... :?

I'm on my 4th vacuum since moving out about 7yrsago. Pet fur and vacuums don't mix well lol. Thenewest one is some kind of turbo-ultra-HEPA-bagless something -- shouldlast a few more years than usual. Also have a cordlessrechargeablesweeper that I use for little messes like cocoapuffs on the carpet after a play session.

With extra time spent at work, cleaning has sadly been put on the backburner of things to do, but the rabbit cages get cleaned out every fewdays. vacuuming, mopping, and other general cleaning getsdone in between other things -- wash a load of laundry beforebreakfast, clean the bathroom sinks after brushing teeth in themorning, vacuum right after dinner, scrub the toilet before leaving forwork, etc.

My mothercould clean the house from top to bottom on aSaturday, andit would smell like lemons and pine treesafterward. She had a routine and the work got donefast. When we got older,we kids pitched in andcleaned too. I'm just not that organized.

Latest posts

Back