Cleaning cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mygrl2k3

Reaction score
I am sorry if this has been covered before butwhat can i use to clean my bunny's cage. I got Luv on thetimoty hay and soon would like the get her cleaned up from having amessy bottom. Makes sence to clean the cage whileiam at it.

Cristy

I don't use anything to clean the cage, I dump outthe shavings in the backyard, then put new stuff in......I thoughtthat's all it took. lol.

My bunny on a few occasions has had soft droppings, so there are some spots that needs to be cleaned.

Cristy

Is your bunny housed on floor wire or a solid bottomed cage?

Floor wire is the most sanitary option. I would clean what you can witha wire-brush, soap and water. Let dry in the sun. DO NOT place hay oranything else on the floor of the cage. This is only invitinginfection. You can put Shavinhs or other in the try beneath the cage toabsorb moisture etc. Clean the tray on a regular basis. Whengiving your bunny hay give in a hay-rack so it does not becomecontaminated with feces and or urine. A word to the wise is sufficient.I hope this helped.

Dennis,C.V.R.:)

from what ive read, been told, and had sucsesswith is using white vinagar. its non toxic and gets rid of the smellreally well. let the vinager set for a while then scrub and rise wellwith water.

phx_punk_girl wrote:
from what ive read, been told, and had sucsess with is usingwhite vinagar. its non toxic and gets rid of the smell really well. letthe vinager set for a while then scrub and rise well with water.

I use the white vinegar, and it works for me!!!!

Just thought I would put in my 2 cents!!!

Its a wire floor. Just dirty from when she was having soft droppings. Thanks for the advice.

Cristy

Mine's a flat-bottom cage....the only "stuck on"mess is in her peeing corner, and she doesn't sit there anyway...so...Ijust dump her mess into the backyard and put new stuff in....if hercage starts to stain I'll try the vinegar idea :)

When we clean Pepper's cage we dump it out and weuse a cleaner we got at petsmart that is used for that it isa cage cleaner for rabbits.It is called clean cage and it has pictureof rabbits on it and it is a deodrizer also.

Latest posts

Back