CL Easter bunny dumping - Lorain, OH area

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvthempigs

Reaction score
This is the second ad I have seen since Easter about people buying bunnies for their kids for Easter and already getting rid of them :X

This one in particular is upsetting because she is keeping it in a plastic bin (which tells me she never intended to keep it long term) and willlet it go tolive in the wild if she can't find a home by Thursday orFriday :cry2

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/pet/1152351077.html

I sent her an email asking her to please reconsider letting the bunny loose and instead contact the local humane society. I was nice and explained that a domestic bunny can not survive in the wild. I also told her that if I lived closer I would take the bunny. Even if I can't keep it I certainly don't want to see it set loose. She just doesn't live near me (or even close really) I can't drive that far.

I'm posting this in hopes of finding someone on the forum who lives in or near Lorain, Ohio.

Title edited. This infuriates me. We haven't seen any Easter dumping locally yet. In fact, my local shelter has had zero bunny population in the last six weeks and our rescue adoptions are up. I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I cross-posted this on Bunderground. I hope someone is able to help.

Yea, I know...Someone else already posted a nasty response about this poster and the ad on CL.

Thanks for editing the title and cross posting this adPatti. I am hoping that someone is able to help out with this bunny.

Did anyone on RO copy and paste the Lorain, OH CL listing before it was deleted by its author? Or made a printout perhaps? I am curious as to what the owner of the rabbit said about the bunny.

Very Sad.

How can we make a difference to benefit all the innocent lives of rabbits out there???

Not sure that it was deleted by the author or if it was flagged. I just clicked on the link and it took me to the ad.
i bought a bunny for my daughter for easter it was a baby when i got it and is still quiet small. we are moving and where we are going we can't take it. its all black with a little white on its nose and paws. VERY FRIENDLY will need a cage i have been keeping it in a small see threw box. all i ask is that it goes to a nice home with someone that will love it like we have and a 10 homing fee. need someone to get by may 7th or i will have to let it go in wild and like i said we have had it since it was a newborn. please if interested reply to [email protected]

Thank you for clipping and posting, luvthempigs.

Let's hope the persons who contact the owner will supply encouragement and advice so the young Easter Bunn will Live.

pla725, I hear you.
Cross-posting, Patti, I hope will HELP!!
Marco, cheers for taking time to make suggestions ~
Much encouragement to you JadeIcing for all you do ! :hearts

Honestly, If someone is ignorant enough to post something as rediculous as this person did abouttheir pet rabbit (read the ad, I would be embarrased to admit any of it let alone actually do it) then he/she deserves what ever responses they get. I sent a nice email just making a suggestion that the humane society would be a more appropriate choice then to turn the rabbit loose. No harm done im my opinion.

Animals can't speak for themselves so people have to do it from time to time. Maybe the owner of this rabbit will learn something from this and maybe not. I guess the only loser in this situation is the rabbit (which is what we are all upset about)

Turning any domestic animal loose to fend for itself is just down right cruel and is illegal.

Baby Juliet wrote: I've seen some of the helpful responses give to this woman and I guarantee that they were not nasty and profane like her responses were.

Back