Cisapride Flavor

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthonyaja

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows where to find a version of cisapride that isn't flavored like meat since rabbits are vegetarians. I know rabbits cant digest meat, and I dont know if there is anything in beef, chicken, or fish flavored cisapride that rabbits cant digest. Is there one flavor thats better than the other for rabbits? Please let me know if you know anything about this topic.

Personally as a human I pull up my nose at grape flavoring; yet I should ask our crew if they don't like the raspberry flavor. ??

No bunnies have objected or seem annoyed with the Raspberry flavor. I see another bottle given to me after a friend's bun passed away; cisapride was mixed with apple flavoring.

Our DVM records specify my flavoring preference for all meds that need to be compounded.

does anyone know a website where I can get any of these fruity flavorings? When I google cisapride all I see are beef, chicken and fish.

I live on long island and I'm gonna call my vet about it when they open on Monday. And I just like to keep it on hand in case of an emergency. About a month ago my rabbit had GI stasis and some cisapride I had left over from my last rabbit probably saved my current rabbit's life. I didn't want to put my bun through the stress of the car ride and seeing the vet because I did with my last rabbit and it just stressed him out and made his last few days miserable.

@anthonyaja Thanks for time to reply. Yes, truly a good idea to have cisapride on hand if your DVM will script a supply.

I hear you loud and clear about stress of a car ride, or a GI stasis event happening on a holiday or late at night when you aren't going to trek out to an ER clinic. Or the middle of a snowstorm or inclement weather.

Like you, we keep a bottle on hand and based on scripted dose for "scripted patient" I can safely gauge upon weight of a different (sanctuary resident) bun how much cisapride to admin if marble amount isn't seen!

Our clinic will offer a further-away pet-med pharmacy however I am happy to travel the shorter distance. So costs can be saved in various ways. But with our fur-babies lives in jeopardy and wanting them to recover if home treatment (reaching for the cisapride, simethicone, meloxicam supply) can be tackled first.

I send condolences on the loss of your first rabbit.

I am very interested in getting a prescription for my bun. How do I go about doing that?

does anyone know of any good vets I can get a cisapride prescription from online

Latest posts

Back