Cinder's Vet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buns4Life_Cinder

Reaction score
Hey guys I need help finding a savvy very for Cinder right now she just goes to our regular vet B but he says that he doesn't want to deal with surgeries just in case something was to happen and I agreed so do you know any better that deal with rabbits near Reedsburg, Wisconsin? Please help thank you!

I aggressively used the internet looking for a bunny vet. Bunny was approaching 5 years old...a critical age for a female rabbit...there's something like a 90% chance that an unneutered female rabbit will develop uterine cancer. My then rabbit vet refused to operate because Bunny was too fat..she weighed 9 pounds. After internet cruising, I found a bunny owner who also had the same fat female rabbit problem. She recommended a vet that would operate on fat rabbits...Dr Robert Kaufman of Harbor Animal Hospital. He neutered Bunny...he liposuctioned off 1 pound of fat from her stomach before actual hysterectomy. He liposuctioned off more than 10% of her weight! He said when he went to remove her uteris, he thought she was pregnant....there were several lumps in the uteris...turns out they were tumors! If neutering her had been delayed not much longer, the cancer would have spread.

I don't want to make this reply too long. After her operation, we all went to a Marriott Residence Inn where Bunny recouperated for two days before coming home. To find a vet for an operation, you might consider spending a night away from home in a hotel so you can use a vet far from your home.

We spent a few weekend trips in hotels with Bunny. She was perfect with her litter box, so keeping her in a hotel room was no problem. We put a prepared litter box, for each day, in the trunk of the car before leaving home.

Latest posts

Back