Cinderella is very sick (RIP)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was more the being on line I wasn't sure about. As long as there are tests there will be prayer in schools.

The district I grew up in had bible study once a week for the kids and still do. They have a little church right off school grounds so it's legal :)

Joshua just sent me an email saying she doesn't want to eat even the strawberry. He promised to hold it up for her and talk softly.

I wonder though if it is that she doesn't want to eat or she's not comfortable with Joshua. I asked him to play with the rabbits more but he said then he would get more attached and it would be harder when they die. men.

At least Houdini was laying in the basket with Cindi this morning. I don't want her to feel abandoned because I have to go to work.

Hi Brandy, I just saw this aboutCinderella. The poor baby.

I'm glad the pillow and blankets come in handy and make her a littlemore comfortable.

I'm happy to see she is starting to feel better.

Many prayers going here way.:pray::pray:

Hugs:hug1:hug:

Auntie Susan and Bunny Cousins:bunny19:brown-bunny:dutch

Hoping Cinderella is doing better today.

Shame Joshua feels that way. My husband has completely bonded with mine. So both of us have the joy of these sweeties. Yes it's tough when we loose them, but that' life. And missing out on the love from a rabbit, is truly cutting yourself short.

Hope he changes his mind and embraces the companionship. It's worth it.

K :)

Karen, I think he's just afraid of how fragile they are. We have only been keeping rabbits for a little over a year and we already lost one. We knew when we adoptedIndy that he was sick, but it was still quite the loss. I feel it's worth adopting special needs so they can feel love before they go, but in retrospect, it may have freakedJoshua out a bit.

Cinderella is doing so much better! She has started to walk/hopish steady enough that I let her sleep in her house last night without the laundry basket. I picked up the chewing sticks so if she wobbled over she wouldn't hurt herself. She was even able to get herself into the litter box! She puts her front feet over the edge and then sort of drags/wiggles her rump over the edge. There's also a pee pad by the box she ended up using last night too since that is quite the hop for her.

I think it made her very happy to sleep with Houdini all night. This morning when I was giving her the subq fluids Houdini jumped up on the raised platform so he could keep an eye on her and what we were doing. After we were done she wobbled back to the burrow and he rushed over to her and started giving her kisses. At this point he's taking over most of the TLC.

Cinderella is starting to poo a bit. It's still hard and not very much, but she hasn't been eating tons either. The only down side to putting them back together is that it's much harder to tell what she's eating. I know he was loving the pineapple and banana last night. Luckily it won't hurt him to gain a bit of weight.

She still needs a bit more time and to keep taking her meds, but I think we are over the threatening part. Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes. *hugs to all*

She is eating better. I gave her a couple doses of simithicone and tummy rubs, so I think that helped. I'm also offering all sorts of yummies :)

Tomorrow is her recheck with the vet. I think Dr Thomas will be happy with her progress. I'm hoping she will be up for a walk in the park after her check.

Hoping for a "definitely on the way back to good health" from the Doctor and a beautiful walk in the park for Cinderella and you tomorrow. So happy to hear she is doing better and cuddling with Houdini.

The vet check went well. Dr Thomas is very happy with her progress.

Her right ear looks like the infection is gone, but there's still fluid behind the ear drum (ouch!) and the left ear still has some infection. I'm going to continue on the baytril injections and add in benydril injections to help dry up the ears. She still has metacam to help with swelling and pain. I alsoput an antibiotic ear drop in both ears.

Unfortunately she's not quite ready for the park. I'm afraid the movement will get the vertigo going again and possibly make her nauseous. She is eating well, pee and poo are good.

Houdini has been indulging in a little bit too much rich food that I have been using to tempt her to eat. He had an uneaten ceacal stuck to the fur by his tail (yuck!) so it's a good thing we are headed back to normal.

10 more days on the meds and another recheck, but she should be all better by then. She has a slight head tilt that may not completely go away. I don't care, I think it's kinda cute. I'm happy to report that she's kissing more than ever :)

Yay! So glad to hear it is all going better!
Jj

Yay! I'm so happy to hear about her progress! PTL :)

So how's Cinderalla doing today?

Hope she is doing well and continues the road to Healthy Happy Bunny.

Latest posts

Back