Cilantro?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauratunes12

Reaction score
I was buying some produce for us humans, and saw the cilantro, and decided to get some. Do I give Faith the whole leaf or is there something I need to cut off? I rinsed them and put them in a plastic bag with a paper towel for now.

She was going crazy sniffing and licking my fingers after I handled it, so I think she'll like it. :)

I usually give the whole thing and my house, cilantro is a huge hit!

Cilantro's weird stuff. I took a course in Indian cooking some years ago and they used it in everything. At first, it tastes like soap and smells odd. After a while you get to like the taste and don't notice the smell.

Scone MacBunny loved cilantro immediately, and couldn't get enough. Then, when he got older, one day I offered him a spring of cilantro and he sniffed it, jumped back with an offended look on his face, and ran off. He would never touch it again.

Natasha Rabbitova can take it or leave it - she actually prefers curly parsley, which she loves if I feed it to her one piece at a time, stem end first. She'll jump into my lap and sit there as long as I keep feeding her.

lauratunes12 wrote:
I did give her some, now my hands smell like it and I hate the smell, but I deal with it, because she LOVES it!
oh man, me too... and no matter how much you wash your hands, the smell lingers for a while. I LOATHE the stench of cilantro and I hate the bunnies just a little bit for loving it so much and being too cute for me to deny them :p

Oh I know. I gave it to her last night, then tried to eat french fries today,after washing my hands quite a few times, but ended up eating them out of the mcdonalds container with my mouth, because my hands were making the fries taste like cilantro. :rollseyes

Ah well, she loves it enough that I'll keep giving it to her.

I do not have much of a sence of smell, so I can not tell that cilantro has a smell. It does not bother me. I buy at least 3 bunches a week. I can get it for $0.28 for a big bunch at HEB (a grocery store in Texas). My rabbits LOVE it. I have actually seen them feed it to eachother.

I don't think it tastes or smells like soap, its just such a strong and unique taste/smell. I'm a hyper-taster though. I think the bread in the bread bowls at panera tastes sweet. My mom thought I was crazy.

yeah, doesn't seem soapy to me... just very stinky.

I found a new trick today, though!

I dyed my hair last night and the gloves that they provided were high-quality ones (not the kind with the seam that tend to get holes in them), so after I was done I scrubbed all the dye off with soap and water and left them to dry.

I was about to go wash cilantro for the bunns and saw the gloves sitting by the bathroom sink and a little light bulb went off! I put them on and used them to deal with the stinky cilantro, then washed them and left to dry again. not only are my hands not coated in the stench, but the gloves didn't end up smelling by the time I washed them again, either :D

Latest posts

Back