Chunky Monkey

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cher

Reaction score
It's official, my darling Diva's are larger thatwhat I perceive them to be ! Last eve, whilst loungin on the couch, myfriend commented she hadnt seen the girls in weeks and they seem tohave grown....well...I scoffed at such a comment~How could this be?They are almost a year old *cough cough*Dec 12th (little plug in therefor em)

SURE ENOUGH! I brought out the scale and Jezebel is a strapping 7.6pounds whilst Jaden tips the scale at a feathery light 7.0 pounds even.

GOOD GRAVY! I am going to have to shave them and put them on weightwatchers before we all head back to Taiwan ( my plane ticket stays thesame price whilst their's will depend on weight..ahh the thought*shudder*) hehehe

Cher and my dancing Diva dumplings:p

(whom, shockingly enough, are NOT overweight, they really are just BIGgirls...and besides, half that weightI think is in those*&%! dewlaps)

Pleasantly Plump - or Big Boned, Please!

-Carolyn

Besides...as Pam said, they could have some Flemish in them.

There may be some Flemish influence many years back. At 6pounds, she's more the type and size of an English Spot. Whenbreeders keep breeding "marked" spots together, the markings can gettoo sparse, so solid "spots" (sports) are bred in the increase themarkings. Maybe some Spot thrown in there? Couldalso be any number of breeds -- can't remember if you had mentionedthat they were originally from the US or not. They have asort of "San Juan" look to them -- Feral descendants of Belgian Hares.

Our Missy weighs in at just under eight pounds, anice "substantial" rabbit in my estimation. She is neat tohold, like cuddling a chubby child. She, of course, has noidea she in NOT the svelte young lady she was not but a year ago whenwe almost lost her to GI Stasis. At that point she was aboutfive and one-half pounds.

Recently, she andCalbert were sunning themselves up on ourdeck. When we opened the door they ran, thinking we weregoing to attempt to catch them and return them to their cage.

Calbert slipped through the rungs of the railing and hit the groundbelow running. Missy got her head through, but was stoppeddead in her tracks when her bulky body would not follow suit.It was comical and akin to struggling to slip into slacks that are muchtoo small for our own growing waistlines. LOL

Buck

You know, if it's a major problem, you could leave those bunnies with one of us! LOL

Happy and fat bunnies! Good deal!

Latest posts

Back