Christmas Presents

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clevername

Reaction score
I did a silly thing this time around and bred 3 does without checking their due dates ahead of time. So of course they all ended up being due around Christmas. Oh well, you live, and you learn. Always check the calendar before breeding.

Anyway, I have babies pictures....

Here's 5 silver fox with 2 satin angora kits(brokens). I shuffle the babies a bit to even the work load out amongst my nursing does.

B1.jpg

Here's the litter on their own. They are 5 days old now. Silver Fox are born Black (sometimes blue) and develop their silvering later.

B1-1.jpg

B1.jpg
B1.jpg
B1.jpg

Below is one of my Satin Angora litters, they are all chestnut (maybe some coppers? *crossing fingers*) save for the red which is from my third litter. Both were born on Christmas Eve.

L1B.jpg

Size comparison of the 3 litters. The Silver Fox is only a day older.

size.jpg

babymoose.jpg

babymoose2.jpg

babyred.jpg

Awwww, babies! :hearts That orange kit want to come visit me. ^^

I didn't know angoras came in broken... Out of curiosity, how soon do the angoras get fluffy? :biggrin2:

Holly

Revverress wrote:
Awwww, babies! :hearts That orange kit want to come visit me. ^^

I didn't know angoras came in broken... Out of curiosity, how soon do the angoras get fluffy? :biggrin2:

Holly
Broken Satin Angoras are showable on a working standard. People are still working to get them accepted. I find them quite beautiful.

http://heorotrabbitslog.blogspot.com/2008/09/hrothgar-plucking-and-baby-pictures.html

At around the 4 week mark angora kits start to get a bit "hairier". From there the fur just keeps growing, getting softer, lighter and "crimpier". By week 6 they are noticeably fluffy. By week 8 they are firmly in that "I'm a giant PUFF!" stage.

Awwwwww! Love the kits!

Denise

clevername wrote:

Broken Satin Angoras are showable on a working standard. People are still working to get them accepted. I find them quite beautiful.

http://heorotrabbitslog.blogspot.com/2008/09/hrothgar-plucking-and-baby-pictures.html

At around the 4 week mark angora kits start to get a bit "hairier". From there the fur just keeps growing, getting softer, lighter and "crimpier". By week 6 they are noticeably fluffy. By week 8 they are firmly in that "I'm a giant PUFF!" stage.

Ah, ok. I remember there being broken angoras for presentation at Convention, but I thought it was just the English they were working on. :D

Aww, baby angoras are so cute! :biggrin2: I'm toying with the idea of getting an EA... I love their fluff. <3

Oh they are adorable! I love the silver fox baby! How big do they get?

The little red one is cute too! and I have always loved broken black in any breed!

I'm so jealous!

Congrats! Their so gorgeus and healthy, good luck with them! :)

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Oh they are adorable! I love the silver fox baby! How big do they get?

The little red one is cute too! and I have always loved broken black in any breed!

I'm so jealous!
Their mama is a shrimp at about 8 1/2 lbs. Their dad was easily 12lb. I'm trying to breed good bone structure into my lines so I'm hoping they'll be on the big side.

The red is from a litter I haven't photographed yet.....all mis-marked brokens! Except for the one I gave to another doe (the one in the photo). They are solid red or tort with one white blaze on their foreheads. *sighs* They are all pet quality, very cute though.

Ah that broken black is actually a broken chestnut. I'll post pictures when their coat really starts to come in.

WOW! I have Tony (palomino) who is 9 pounds roughly. So they are similar in size. Daddy would be like Tony and my Clover together LOL!

I hope you'll share photos as they get bigger..... I've not learned much about the silvers and I'd love to see more!

Mismarks happen, but good bloodlines make for good pets usually - teeth, health tends to be better!

clevername wrote:
Can I have one of your babies once they are to the "I'm a giant PUFF!" stage? I'll at least settle for pictures until then! ;)

Haha that baby is so cute, it's head looks like a short haired rabbit then..POOF! :D

Latest posts

Back