Christmas Kitty (I Can't Do Rabbits Anymore)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LedaHartwood

Reaction score
My friends were talking about their Holiday plans. They then looked at me, with begging eyes, and asked if I could stop by their house and check on their cat once or twice during the few days they'd be gone. I agreed, but my :grumpy:blessed:grumpy: boyfriend chimmed in and said that we could board the kitty, no problem.

As some of you know I'm having issues with my furry babies crossing over. Just yesterday I found Grey, dead. Orion and Little Brother are the last two of five bunnies that Curtis and I raised after our Mya rejected them.

*Mya was adopted pregnant, and gave birth to eight kits three days after bringing her home. She rejected the kits, and lost three. We rasied the five remaining. After 8 and 9 weeks we lost Two-Tone, and Crusoe. Crusoe leaving us on Thanksgiving Day*

So now we have Neko in our bathroom. It's her safe room, that she can leave and reenter anytime she pleases. I guess I'm afraid Neko's going to get hurt, or even worse. Then I'll have to explain to my friends (on a hoilday) that their kitty is gone over.

I've been writing and talking like you AWESOME people have suggested. Maybe this is just a step? Hopefully not a step back. My hope is that once Neko is handed back over to my friends, that my brain will tell me I can take care of the animals. That I'm a good care giver, and that I can't control who the "Creator" wants to call home.

:hug:

I hope this gives you the confidence to take in another furry critter! It's extremely hard to hand-raise baby rabbits. My vet told me a ton of horror stories when I started raising Dora (and her sibling Gir, RIP) so I'd be prepared. In her experience, they often fail to thrive or die mysteriously. I'm still afraid of Dora kicking over and she's 4 months now!

Latest posts

Back