Christmas Countdown!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca

Reaction score
I did this last year so I have to do it again :p
Last year I started at like 37 days? But now its

12 DAYS ....
TILL CHRISTMAS!

Has everyone got their decorations up?

Whats everyone doing this year?

What traditions do you have?

Hehe I have a counter in my sig, I love counting down as well.

Yup, we have our decorations up. This year is going to be the same as everywhere really. Just Christmas at home. Our main tradition used to be going to my Nana's on Christmas Eve, but I guess we can't do that anymore, because, yeah....
So I don't really know what we are going to do this year, probably just stay at home and watch Christmas films :)

Christmas Day, we get up at 7.00am, no earlier because when we were younger we used to get up at like 3.00am, so my parents brought in a rule a few years ago, no getting up till 7.00am. Unwrap presents, lounge around, eat, eat, eat and that's it :D

:D sounds fun! I love when everyone has something specific they do every year the same!
On Christmas Eve, my nan and grandad come round to bring the chicken over to defrost ;) then at about 4 we go to the Christingle that ends at about 6.. then we eat dinner and watch Polar express.. then we open our secret santa presents (we have to make the presents and open them on christmas eve) Then on Christmas day, we wake up go down stairs open our presents then nan & grandad come round and mum makes Christmas dinner, THEN lol later in the day we visit my other family :D
And for all of the Christmas holidays we spend our evenings in the Lounge with our presents and the fire on and everything :D

i celebrate 2 different ways this holiday season.

on december 21 we celebrate the yule. fallowing a mix between classic pagan and my own version of celebrating.

we make cookies, wake early enough to watch the sun rise, and light tons of candles in the house. place an offering outside (this year i am thinking fruits/veggies of this time of year- squash, cranberries, ect. . . along with some flower), and spend most of the day in a very peacefull state. this is normally when my roommate and i give each other presents, but because of busy lives we have decided to wait till after the holidays to do that.

then on christmas i celebrate the classic christmas with my family. although this year i have to work both christmas eve and christmas day. we exchange presents, have dinner christmas eve, then on christmas morning we have a huge breakfast.

i don't decorate the apartment at all, just because there really isn't to much point. although i did put the tree up at my mom and dad's yesterday and decorated the house some.

I always male tons of christmas cookies.I'm now (at my home)famous for them.It gets kind of annoying at times but it pays off after a while :rofl::nod:wiggle(I :hearts smilies)

My Christmas always depends on whether it's the year I have my son before Christmas, or after.

Christmas is busy, hectic, and my husband and I almost always get into an argument (we average 2-3 arguments in a whole year, so this is a big deal).

We've started making gingerbread houses before Christmas every year. This is my year to host it at my house. Haven't picked the date, yet, but I'm going to clean like crazy for the next 2 days just in case it's this weekend.

My brother-in-law and nephew come down every year, usually after Christmas. My brother-in-law is like a little prince. When he comes to town, he holds court. I can expect EVERYONE he knows in the whole town (which is a huge amount of people) to be in my space from December 26 until my birthday, January 2, when he goes back to Chicago. This is usually what starts an argument between hubby and myself. I need space. I need time to breathe. I need quiet. I don't get that a lot over the holidays.

This year, with my job up in the air (although I should know something about the one job I screened for by the end of the week), I need that time even MORE!

My plan is to kick hubby and brother out with the kids to go visit people so I have moments of peace.

I am a people person (or so I keep repeating to myself), but even a people person needs a holiday. :D

We had our at home between hubby and me christmas already.

But x mas eve we are going to my mother in laws. Spending the night. Then getting up christmas morning and driving to my mothers. At my moms we get up around 8 and then open our stockings when I was a kid. Then we cooked breakfats for our mom she was up all night cooking.

Then we helped get ready for family now i was the youngest of five so me and my older sister and neice where the only one there that did not have kids of our own.

So we had house cleaning detail.

Then we had dinner around 2 to 4. then we would open presents as a family. As kids we got to open one or two in the morning.

It made christmas last all day mom would show up with a present when we where ranking the yard or something.

So christmas was all day I will do the same with my kids so they can enjoy the whole day.

katt wrote:
on december 21 we celebrate the yule. fallowing a mix between classic pagan and my own version of celebrating.
This is my first year celebrating Yule. :biggrin2: I don't really decorate for the holidays because I don't really have money for decorations. I have no idea how I'm going to celebrate, but I'll think of something.

jess that is so cool, this is my 5th year of celebrating yule. i love it.

i am an openly raised aethiest. it was just how we were raised as kids, so as a teen and adult i was able to look at different religions and find the best way to celebrate thru the year and to believe in exactly what i want.

i tend to lean twards the pagan side of things, i celebrate most of their holidays and fallow many of their beliefs.

anyway, celebrate yule anyway you want. and have fun with it!

blessed be!

i spent thanksgiving alone. now ill spend christmas alone. i work and familys going out of town. nothing big on my side, i dont celebrate the holidays anymore

It's snowing here,too.It just started.It's like a blizzared!

and last of all,
merry Christmas(early)

I had to work Thanksgiving and work Christmas this year too for a bit (boo!), so I celebrate both early. I spent Thanksgiving making an entire Turkey, stuffing, the works just for me, lol.. even though most of it had to be frozen to last, I love cooking holiday foods.

For Christmas, I always watch my favorite holiday movies and will be going to visit my family for the 22-24, then come home and my boyfriend and I will hopefully spend time together after he sees his family. His work sent him to Beirut for 2 weeks and also work in Portugal for a couple months now with a few days at home here and there. So I hope he can come home soon!!

I'm trying to save my pennies for school and dr stuff, so no splurging on decorations for me.

My work is all decorated with 7 different big Christmas trees, so I can enjoy the decorations there! :D

Latest posts

Back