Chloroplasts for cage bottoms

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PepperGrl

Reaction score
My husband and I went out to buy supplies todayto build Pepper a nice NIC cage but everyone looked at us like we werefrom another planet when we asked about chloroplast to use for thebottom of the cage. What is this stuff and where can I findit... is there something else it is called? We tried HomeDepot, Lowes, WalMart, Meijers, and Hobby Lobby (craft stores) and noone had a clue. Please help!:embarrassed:

thanks,

Jamie

Usually you have to go the places that makesigns.A sign shop. I was able to get minefree from places like A&W,MacDonalds, Tim Hortons. Just ask themifthey can save them for you when they change advertising and discard theold ones.

Rainbows! :angel:

Hi Jamie,

Go to CavyCages.com, click on "Find Materials" and you can enter yourlocation and it will pull up all the places to buy Coroplast.

Laura

Laura wrote:
Hi Jamie,

Go to CavyCages.com, click on "Find Materials" and you can enter yourlocation and it will pull up all the places to buy Coroplast.

Laura

Thanks Laura... we found a place here in Indiana! I also waspronouncing it wrong so that might have been some of the confusion :D

Jamie

I couldn't find it in any stores here,either. I had to go to a plastics company in an industrialarea of town.

Tip: Measure and cut carefully! We had some mishapsthe first time around and our Coroplast was expensive. Areyou planning on putting the Coroplast inside the cage with edgesflipped up? I think that's best. It keeps all the"stuff" inside the cage instead of on your floor.

Good luck!

Thanks for the tips... that is probably what wewill do... only problem is the store that sells it wasn't open todayand we needed a floor so for now we are using a vinyl floor runner thatgoes under chairs. That will work for now and we have cornhusk mats on top of that. So far Pepper doesn't know what tothink about her new cage. I am about to post a new topic withpics so you should check it out. Thanks again.

P.S. Do you know if corn husk mats (maize mats) are ok forher to digest? She started pulling at it as soon as we puther in there and I heard they were safe for rabbits but wanted to check.

Jamie

Latest posts

Back