Chipped Tooth

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratmom

Reaction score
I just checked one of my buns teeth on one of his top teeth has a chip on the front surface. I touched it with a qtip and it was bleeding a bit, but it's ok. I'm not sure if anything can be done with this, but maybe I'm wrong. I haven't a clue how he did this either. I'll try and get a pic of it when I find some batteries.

A rabbits teeth will continue to grow. And the tooth will grow back. The problem with a broken or chipped tooth is if it gets out of alignment with the others. You'll need to keep any eye on it for several weeks to make sure it comes back in aligned with the others.

How short did the tooth break off? (Yeah, a photo would help.) Did it break off straight across or on an angle? Is the bunny still eatting? Can he still chew hay? I'd give him all the hay he wants to help wear down the other teeth. Not having one tooth to wear against can cause the opposite tooth to grow too long.

The chip is on the front surface of one of his teeth, it's not broken off or anything. When I checked it today it look much better so it must be growing in. I'm going to keep a good eye on it, but He's not a big hay eater though he seems to be eating fine. Thanks for your help I really do appreciate it :)

Latest posts

Back