Children's Playhouse as Rabbit Hutch

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itstrist

Reaction score
I'm considering building an outdoor rabbit hutch as I plan on getting more rabbits in the future. I have seen many many playhouses converted into chicken coops and I was just wondering if anyone thought they could be used for a rabbit hutch as well. ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1398111036.967246.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1398111045.271536.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1398111055.452384.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1398111067.263371.jpg

Wow great idea! I have never heard of this but I think this could totally work! They're easy to clean, and why not use what you have? Just make sure that your buns are safe from predators.

i was thinking the same. I would most likely elevate it and make the bottom accessible from the run to give some shade.

I'm highly considering it. the floors would be awesome too! I'm just worried about insulation for winter times. this could possibly be a summer/spring hutch then inside for the winter.

I agree, it's a great idea. I had a wood playhouse as a kid (way back in the 60's before they made those plastic ones) and I keep thinking I wish I could have it for a rabbit hutch. It was more like a shed, which is my dream to convert a shed to a rabbit house with an attached run. Of course, I sometimes dream bigger and want a bunny barn!

My grandniece and nephew have a rabbit in an outdoor hutch, but they take it into their play house for playtime. Again, their playhouse is a big shed-type building.

Last edited:
I plan on breeding my netherland dwarf bunnies and I thought this would be a great cage to put the kits into when they are weaned but still young enough to be around each other!

Latest posts

Back