Chicken wire for a run??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicolevins

Reaction score
Hey everyone

I have been suggested that I should get a run, to attach to the hutch and the ones over here are like 50 euro for a 3x3 run! So, my mam said I should just get strong chicken wire and fix that onto the hutch.

Does 12ft sound big enough to you? The hutch is 4x2 and the rabbits are usually out of the hutch from 9am - 4:30pm. It will probably come out like 4 foot on each side, then 4 foot in width if you get what I mean??! Sorta like..

|____|

(lol)Where the blank spot is, it the hutch!!

Now, the hutch is made from wood (obviously!:D) so do you have any suggestions for attaching it to the hutch? Thanks :highfive::)Also, what do you suggest I hold the wire down with, as we have a concrete ground? I was thinking ofusing a few old hammers we have, like sticking them through the wire??
[line]

By the way..

They will only be in the run when it is dark out, or when I am not around to keep an eye on them. Their exercise from 9-5 is in an average sized garden. The hutch door will be open so I can attach one side of the chicken wire to the hutch door.

PICS TOMORROW TO EXPLAIN WHAT I MEAN AS YOU PROBABLY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!

I would probably make panels using wood on the edges. Most x-pens are 2ft per panel and have 8 panels. You could do something like that and just make them as big as you want. You could use hinges to hold them together and some sort of latch so it can open and close when you need to go in and out. Strong staple (using a staple gun) should hold it in place. You would be able to move it around if you needed to, but it might not be stable if you wanted to put it on grass.

If they are going to be in the run unsupervised and outside, I would make a top or something for it. There are predators, even just cats and dogs that can kill rabbits. You could make it tall enough that you can go in it and put a door in.

Pictures of you set up and what you are planing would be a huge help. I have a vague idea of it, but I don't know your set up.

Back