Chewing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rayen

Reaction score
Is there anyway to discourage chewing on fabric? It's been getting worse as the months go by ever since I bonded them. Quinn is usually pretty good about it unless he sees Briar doing it, but I can't give them beds or blankets or anything they can shred. It's gotten to the point that I can't even sit with Briar on my lap since she tries to eat the shirt I'm wearing. Well, not really eat, but not the most civil grooming I've ever seen. Those little teeth hurt when they find skin! She just loves anything soft and goes crazy when she finds a blanket, digging and chewing on it. My old feather duvet has been retired after one too many surprise bunny visits. Explosions of feathers, everywhere! I didn't even know she was on my bed that day and there'd be feathers all over the place.

They may just want something to chew on.
Maybe you can go to the fabric store and buy them little pieces... so they have something, designated to them.
As for your shirts, when Babii try's to go after mine I go 'EY!' and she stops for a bit...

Other then that, can you spray low furniture with lemon juice?

Try some bunny chew toys from the store, or take some empty toilet paper rolls or paper towel rolls and stuff it with hay and leave a couple around for them. That's what I do for mine!!!

Latest posts

Back