Chewing table legs

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hope

Reaction score
I'm at my wits end with Coco. She has recently discovered my end table and has done a number chewing up the legs. I've given her chew toys to give her something else to do, but she has her sights set on that table. I saw online that I can put hot sauce on the legs, but I don't have any readily available. Are there any other options? I was thinking about vinegar, but I'm not sure if that would damage the wood. Help!

I have had the same problem with both my previous and current buns. The result is that the legs of the kitchen table and chairs, as well as the bottom end of the kitchen door and the lower kitchen cupboards are all chewed up, no matter how manychew toys there are in my bun's disposal. Is soap safe for buns? I'd be reluctant to use it in case he licks it...

Marietta

Hot sauce and chili powder did not stop Mari, my old rabbit. Only bun I had to use it on. My deal is, if you don't want the animals to touch it, don't have it in the house lol.

Well, no children have died from having their mouths washed out with soap...:biggrin2:

I really doubt it would be a problem, seeing as how all of my buns immediately react with disgust to the taste. Some people recommend using Dove because of the ingrediants, but I'm really not concerned. Especially since you only use a little bit, enough to add the yucky flavor but not enough to be visible to human eyes.

For humans at least, most bar soap is considered non-toxic:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002739.htm

That's the only link in a Google search of "poison soap" that was not soap for treating poison ivy.:)

Marietta wrote:
Is soap safe for buns? I'd be reluctant to use it in case he licks it...

Lemon juice* 50/50 with vinegar got my buns, I shouldnt laugh but when they bit it and they get that "ew, bitter, ew, ew" face its so funny! :p

naturestee wrote:
Well, no children have died from having their mouths washed out with soap...:biggrin2:
Actually, they have.

One in particular died because he was allergic to the soap when it was ingested and his throat closed shut.

Another case I remember was that a child crying inhaled the soap and they cannot get that out of their lungs.

Latest posts

Back