Chewing on the walls.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndigoStorm

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm having issues with my female Satin Angora, Storm Cloud, chewing on the bottom boarder on my walls. I live in an apartment, and she is causing some pretty bad damage, which is probably going to cost my my 750 deposit if this keeps happening.

I've been keeping her in her cage because as soon as she goes out that's what she goes straight for!! I feel bad, because she's a pretty big rabbit and her cage is a little small, but I don't know what else to do.

She has plenty of toys to chew on, but she doesn't use them.

Any advice??

Sometimes it seems nothing works. I have had the same issue with my bun but luckily own the home and already have plans to renovate his room but still didn't want him chewing for his own sake. Some things recommended to me although they didn't work with my guy they might work with your bun. Rub wall with lemon juice, spray with bitter apple, rub with white bar soap ( such as Ivory).

I wound up with several large cardboard boxes and being bored one day I built them into what I call Thumper's Town. One of the boxes I also filled with paper, phone book pages and pieces of cardboard as a dig box. I haven't caught him chewing the walls since. He does have plenty of Toilet Paper tubes, phone books, grass ball, wicker ball, cat balls, chew sticks and the list of toys go on but that didn't stop him.

I know not everyone can fill a room with boxes for their bun to play in. My point is that some times you just have to keep trying until you find what your bun really likes.

Do you mean the baseboards??

My Mocha started doing this and he taught Sapphire to do so also.
My solution? I bought plain 1 x 3s at the lowes and used a skinny tac nail to secure them in front of the baseboard. Now they can chew all they want and I know they aren't damaging the baseboard.

Here, I snapped a quick photo...

100_8320.jpg

Latest posts

Back