Chewed DSL Cable

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happi Bun

Reaction score
What a day I had! :grumpy:

Yesterday I was on the computer early in the morning, checking out RO, while Dunkin was exercising in my bunny-proofed bedroom. All the sudden my internet connection just dies on me. I try everything I know to fix it with no results.

:crash

A few hours later, I decided to call our internet provider thinking it was a problem on their end. By this time I put Dunkin back in his cage.

After many mind numbing hours going back and forth with them, they finally concluded it wasn't a problem on their end. They said they could send someone out on Monday and would cost at least $60 just to take a look. That was a problem because we needed internet access to pay bills and what not. I realized our Modem was 10+ years old (they don't even make it's kind anymore) and that it probably was fried.

So I zipped down to Best Buy and bought a new one for $90. I had a hell of a time connecting it and getting it set-up. Then I needed my DSL username and password, which I didn't know! Back on the phone with the internet provider I went. Once I got that done the new modem still wouldn't work! I was exhausted at this point, it was around 1 AM. I decide to double check the DSL Cable and guess what I find? Someone had chewed on it and severed the wires inside.

Can you guess who? That's right... Dunkin was out the same time my internet connection died. He managed to find an unprotected section of wire and chew on it.:twitch: It's my fault really and all I could do was just laugh it off. I got a new cable and tried using my old Modem so I could return the new one, but it wouldn't work, so I think when he chewed the cord it fried it.

So I have a new DSL Cord, New Modem, and FINALLY internet access!

Don't Forget - Protect your chords!

:pullhair:

This has happened to me before too. It is not fun. I ended up putting a flattened box under my computer desk so they can't get under there and eat the cords.

Isn't it lovely how we have to learn things the hard way? :foreheadsmack:

Awww, I'm sorry, but that made me laugh! If only because we've done the exact same thing before now- and then discovered a bitten wire, and a sheepish looking bunny!

I guess you have to look on the bright side, that at least it was a simple fault in the end, and easily fixed? :?

Silly bunnies!

Easily fixed and expensively fixed. ;)

Though with this new Modem my internet is faster, so that's a plus.

I agree, silly bunnies! :D

This is why my bunnies are not allowed in the computer room!

I lost three old-style corded telephones to a jealous bunny I used to have. She hated me using the telephone because it meant attention away from her. First she used to yank the phone out of my hand by grabbing the cord. When I stopped that, she learnt to thump the disconnect button (smart eh to figure out what was what!) so I moved it out of reach. Next step was to chew the handpiece cord when I was using it. I had to get another phone - and she chewed the connection cord to the jackpoint on that one. On the third phone we were on guard - at least until one day someone put it within reach. Quick as a flash, she destroyed the cords on that one. At this point we got a cordless phone and that ended that problem - altho she would urine spray the phone whenever she could. I don't have her now as she died of old age some time back but I will always remember the "battle of the phones".

Latest posts

Back