chew toy ingestion?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curiouscarrot

Reaction score
I've bought some hunks of wood chew toys for Cassie, as she chomped on their new hutch ramp the minute she got inside. She (or they) are chewing on them and have left the hutch alone, so that's good. I also got her a mobile type thing with raffia rope veges hung on it and a bit of loofa and "stuff" all tied up together like a mobile. They played with it overnight and pulled some of the bits off (it's all loosely tied on, I don't think it's a hanging hazard or anything.) Looking at the components, the "rope" seems to be glued onto something underneath, I'm not sure what. Do I need to be worried about them eating these things or what's inside? Do I remove them when they've mangled up the outside, or are they ok to leave in there for them to fully demolish?

Do you have a picture of it so we can see better what it looks like? Generally, if its labelled for rabbits it 'should' be okay.

I'll have to take a photo tomorrow. Was just going to grab the camera, but I don't know where I've put it down and it's starting to get dark. It was labelled for "small animals", not specifically rabbits, but it is quite big, so I don't know what a mouse, for example, would do with it. The "stuff" is carrots and things considered "rabbity", but it doesn't actually say it's for rabbits.

I did, but they didn't really know, just what is on it. The rope is definitely stuck around a ball of some sort. She hasn't really chomped on them much since the first night, so I'm not too worried, it was just the first night it looked like she was going to inhale the lot.

Here's the photo, sorry for the delay (batteries on camera ran out).

She chomped away some of the "rope" and it looks like very firm cardboard inside. There've been no obvious ill-effects from whatever it's made of, but I'm still interested whether this is suitable. I suppose if they can eat wood, they can eat loofah and raffia and "rope"?

DSCN0231_01.JPG

Back