Chestnut's outing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petalfuzz

Reaction score
I felt that Chestnut was finally ready to explore the room outside her playpen. She started slow, only exploring the bathroom and going back to the pen. Then I let her out once a day for a few more days, each time she grew more daring.

Today she was out for about 40 minutes exploring the office and the hallway. All four cats were watching her curiously. My big Miggy boy was actually afraid of her and she's half his size! He jumped straight in the air when Chestnut hopped towards him. It was pretty funny.

Then she discovered the stairs at the end of the hallway and had loads of fun hopping up and down. We have a few area rugs and she quickly discovered if she wanted to do a happybunny hop/twist and click her heels, the carpet is the place to do it. She must have done this 10 times.

She got pretty tired, with all the hopping about and she actually let me pick her up with no struggling when play time was over! I rushed her back to the playpen and gave her a treat. She didn't drop one pellet while out--she's such a good bunny! (well except for chewing on the carpet and the walls, hummm BTW, how long does it take that bunny brain to learn what "No!" means?)

The pics are still on my camera, but I'll try to upload them soon.

Aww, Sounds like Chestnut is getting more comfortable in her home. I got a kick out ofreading about her adventures in the house.

I'm not so sure they ever learn the word "no". Kinda reminds me of one of my cats who does what she wants no matter what I say about it lol

Looking forward to seeing your photos :)

Back