Cheryl's Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha yeah Dave...if she only knew LOL!

Speaking of Chocolate Bunny..i got a call from my son Anthonythis afternoon saying that Chockie is not eating and she's just lying there like she has gas..he has seen the other bunnies so he has some idea when something is wrong.

So i left work early to go be with Chockie...i gave her some infacol and syringed her some water....her tummy was quiet so i massaged it for her...aww my poor Choc..

I'm going to give her some more infacol shortly and i'll see how she goes..

When one of my bunnies is sick..all i want to do is just hold them tight and tell them everything will be alright...but who wants to be cuddled when your not well..so i lay with them and just comfort them....i hate it when one of my buns is not well!

Chocolate Bunny is fine now...she was eating hay with Marley and Maggie this morning....it's such a nice sight to see them eat after not being well.

The last couple of days have been miserable,the days have been like 13*C...almighty cold..raining all day..ugh i hate winter...thank goodness it will be over this month...sept is the start of spring..yay!..

Hi Vircia..i'm great thankyou and so are the bunnies...they are even better now that we are in spring here and the weather is finally warming up..so the bunnies are hopping mad for those beautiful days :)

I haven't posted pictures of my bunnies for a long time now..my bad..but i have been putting new pictures onto my facebook...have only started with a few though.

I just have to post this picture for a teaser though..man Chocolate Bunny is just a beautiful girl!..i just love that little dark patch of fur on her nose...so cute!!...she is sitting with her hunky lil man Zak..

I would try and send the link to my picturesfrom my facebook..but not sure how to do it...so will just add the pictures tomorrow or sometime.

I took this picture and a few others a couple of days ago..

And just a bit of sad news...my last rattie girl Violet had to be put to sleep about a month ago...she had something wrong with her as she kept falling over and was lethargic and stopped eating as much..the vet thought she might have had a tumour in her head as she had a few seizures the last few months...and after i had to put her sissy Macey to sleep earlier before as she had a huge lump on the side of her head near her eye.....Violet missed Macey so very much and she was just never the same after that...plus she was getting old as well...the vet had even given me death certificates for both girls...i miss both the girls..they both used to climb their cage like little monkeys..they were just the cutest creatures.

Oh, Cheryl I'm terribly sorry for your loss. But then again, at the rainbow bridge, two sister reunites and never have to be apart from each other for forever. Putting our lovely pets to sleep is one hardest part, but we saved them from being suffering. I'm sure we will meet them again...one day. :)
By the way, I deeply fall in love with Chocolate Bunny ! She's so gorgeous and super cute !!! I have to show your bunny's pic to my husband. he's crazy about bunnies with brown color. If only Australia is a bit closer, I'll kidnap her :weee: Till that time, please give her tons of kisses from me :hearts

Thanks Vircia..

Your right..both the girls are happily reunited and together forever..

And yeah Chocolate Bunny is such a special girl..she is such a little Queen bunny..thanks for your lovely comment on her..

Thanks Dave..

I know Chocolate Bunny is just a precious little bunny..but then i say that about all of my buns anyway lol...i just love em all to bits.

Well on the 16th..next Saturday my son Anthony will finally be on his way to Thailand...his first trip overseas..he is just so excited...i told him he has to take a ton of pictures :D..

Yeah i know i'm just the most perfect girl..

065-2.jpg

Yep what can i say..;)

064-1.jpg

Lovely Chocolate Bunny. Such a sweet face.
A trip to Thailand ??? :shock: Cheryl, I'm originally from Thailand. Yep, I'm Thai :blushan: Your son is going to BKK ? OMG !!! I miss my home !!!! Pls tell your son that I ask him a little favour ; " pls tell Thailand that I miss her so !!!! :cry1:

I wanted to update my blog for a couple of weeks now since i came back on the forum,hadn't been on the laptop for over a year wow what a year it was for me..it was quite a mixed emotional time.
So here i am and i'm trying to figure how to start this..i'm starting to feel this pain in my heart at the moment cause i have to update on my bunnies...i'm gonna cry through this as i still haven't gotten over thing's..ok here we go...

I lost all my bunnies to myxi last April..oh my god!!.:(
I had noticed Marley wasn't looking to well one day and her eyes were red all around her eyelids,so i made an appointment for later that afternoon..after the vet finished examining her..he gave me the bad news...myxamotosis..he told me he has had quite a few people come in the last few weeks with their bunnies all showing the same symptoms...he said myxi is pretty bad this year cause of all the rain we were having back then....and i found out it was pretty bad in quite a few suburbs.
I have had bunnies for over eight years and never had a problem,my bunnies are indoors but they go out to play during the day....
I have dealt in quite a few situation's with my bunnies in the past..like Jack my disabled bunny who i cared for nine months not being able to hop...Josie had her leg dislocated but the vet popped it back in and she was great...then Daisy who had her hip joint removed....then lulu who was blind...Josie had head tilt...I went through a long hard battle with Pippi who had health issues due to EC...

This time a virus took not one but all my bunnies...i couldn't do anything...i sat in the vets office and cried...what was i to do?..i felt helpless...i have anxiety and stress issues and i don't do well in stressful situations...i just cry:(

My bunnies are gone..except for Cassidy he's my blind boy...he's been having issues with his eyes so he had been kept seperate from the others for quite a while...that is the only explaination the vet gave me why Cassidy didn't get myxi.
It was hard not having bunnies around me..i had been used to it for eight years..they were inside....i miss them terribly my heart still hurts for them everyday...they didn't deserve this at all...no bunny domestic or wild needs to die such a horrific death...i found out they have the virus in their systen for two weeks before they even show any signs at all....so the poor bunny hasn't really much of a chance anyway.

Here in Australia we are not allowed the myxi vaccine...they have it but just won't allow it....it's unfair and many people have signed petitions but it just gets over looked....cause bunnies here are just classed as pests...

Well my bunnies are gone taken from me..the vet even had tears in her eyes as well...goodness it was a heart breaking time...i didn't think i was ever gonna stop crying for the bunnies i lost....they were my everything.
They're in my thought's everyday....and i always tell them that i love them so....if i just could hold each one of them again..oh how that would feel..i miss them:(

To all my beautiful wonderful special bunnies..mummy loves and missis you all so badly...nose kisses to all...
until we meet again....

I'm so sorry Cheryl. :(

Words fail me right now.

It just not fair....not to lose all of your bunnies.
Especially when there's a way to save them and your not allowed to use it.

Binky free little ones.
We'll see you on the other side some day.
:pray::rainbow:

We'll be keeping you& Cassidy in our thoughts and prayers.

:hug2:

JimD wrote:
I'm so sorry Cheryl. :(

Words fail me right now.

It just not fair....not to lose all of your bunnies.
Especially when there's a way to save them and your not allowed to use it.

Binky free little ones.
We'll see you on the other side some day.
:pray::rainbow:

We'll be keeping you& Cassidy in our thoughts and prayers.

:hug2:

I couldn't say it any better, I am so sorry.

Back