Cherylleigh's bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CopyofPicture002.jpg

Say hello to waxer took mcsnugglesworth.

Alzred wrote:
CopyofPicture002.jpg

Say hello to waxer took mcsnugglesworth.
Well hello there Waxer!...aren't you a pretty little girl! :inlove:

cheryl

I took a heap of pictures today of the bunnies,i'll start with Chocolate Bunny

Chocolate Bunny just hanging out

Picture183.jpg

Picture181.jpg

Picture202.jpg

Watcha lookin at!

Picture238.jpg

Cassidy loves his sister

Picture184.jpg

Cassidy takes good care of his sister

Picture186.jpg

I got my eye on you!

Picture230.jpg

Mmwahhhhh :kiss:

Picture197.jpg

cheryl

Are you following me

Picture239-2.jpg

Hmm..i think youARE following me

Picture196.jpg

If i just lay here and look annoyed,she might go away

Picture189.jpg

cheryl

OHHHH! I WANT!

Aww Cheryl Chocolate bunny is adorable!!:bunnyheart

Do you have any morepictures of Raspberry and Marshmallow?:pleaseplease:

Oh i think i'll just have to find a good hiding spot for Chocolate Bunny lol

Marshmallow...

Munching away

000_0170.jpg

Mmmmmm...yum!

000_0487.jpg

Can i have what your having mum

000_0115.jpg

Pleaseeeeee...mum

000_0116.jpg

Tsk..i'll go away and sulk then

000_1129.jpg

Come on Jack,let's bite holes in this blanket

000_0516.jpg

PS, Michaela..Raspberry is coming ;)

cheryl

Cheryl your bunnies are so adorable.:inlove:I always enjoy reading your bunny blog so much. 15bunnies must be so much work, you are amazing.

Awwthanks Eve! :)

Look at what my mum did,she said i would look cute

if i had uppity ears

Picture194.jpg

cheryl

I am on my way to get Marshmallow right now, I need her!!:bunnydance:

Woohoo, Raspberry pics coming!!:party0002: Thank you Cheryl!!

Hey Chicky,

Where'd ya go?

How's Marshmellow and Chocolate Bunny?

Give them many many kisses for me. I miss them.

:purplepansy::pinkpansy::purplepansy::pinkpansy:

-Carolyn

O gosh,i haven't been here for like 5 months,i need to do some major updating

I'll start with Sunshine

Sunny's story

On the 12th April around 7pm i noticed Sunny sitting by herself and looking a bit uncomfortable,i went and got her some pellets to see if she would eat them but she just snubbed her nose up at them,so i was guessing she had gas,plus her ears felt a bit cold,so i gave her some baby wind drops,and i syringed her somewater,i just wanted to keep her hydratedand i massaged her tummy for a long time,it didn't seem to be helping any so about an hour later i gave her some more wind drops and massaged her tummy more,it was still doing nothing in fact she was getting worse,so by 10pm i packed Sunny in her basket and we headed straight for the emergency hospital,we arrived about 11pm,gosh that hour seemed like such a long drive that night.

The Dr seen Sunny and she gave her all the neccessary injections but didn't hold much hope for her as Sunny looked really terrible,her stomache was really swollen and hard.

I took her home and sat with her on my lap,i don't know why but they put so much crap on tv in the early mornings,4am was the last time that i saw and i drifted of to sleep,i woke up about 6:30am and Sunny was nowhere to be seen,and then i spotted her snuggling with Marshmallow,i felt such relief that she was ok,because i reallythought i was going to lose her.

Stasis is very scarey and it can happen so quick

Sunshine

Picture227.jpg

Pippi's story...

Then on the 20th April Pippis bladder felt a bit hard and his tail area was constantly wet so i immidiately think cyctitis,and i noticed he started limping that morning,so i packed Pippi in his basket and of we went to the vet

The vet checked him out and found Pippi had fly strike,that's why he was limping,oh my gosh i was freaked,the vet said that Pippi is very lucky to be here and that i caught it in time otherwise he would have died,he gave Pippi a ivomec injection and a antibiotic injection

He also did a scan of Pippis bladder and the vet said that it looks like he has a stone in his bladder

but the earliest he could do the op was on a wed,and it was only thursday,i wasn't going to make Pippi wait 6 days,that is just rediculous

So i remembered about this vet thatsomeone had recommended to me,so i gave them a call and explained Pippi's situation and that i thought it was a bit unacceptable of that other vet

I had a nice chat with Dr Lee,and he seems to know a fair bit about bunnies,and their surgery uses the high tech stuff for bunnies,it's much more expensive going there but it's so much worth it in the end.

Pippi was in straight away the next morning,and Dr Lee is just wonderful

I went home to wait for the phone call to tell me what is going on with Pippi,well i finally got the call and Dr Lee sounded very excited and he said guess what..Pippi doesn't have a bladder stone at all,he has crystals in his bladder,Dr Lee said that he squeezed Pippi's bladder and all the wee that made his bladder bloated all came out,but now he's worried about where Pippi had fly strike,the other vet never told me to clean it with a solution or anything,but Dr lee said that i should be cleaning it with a antibiotic solution,and since it's a hole i must not let it close up.

Pippi had to have weekly visits to keep an eye on things,i had been flushing out the wound and giving him his meds two times a day and i really thought things were starting to look up for Pippi.

But he still had no energy,although he was eatingbut he was starting to get wobbly on his feet,i actually seen him fall over a few times,he was still very skinny.

On the third check up we discovered the wound had turned into a abcess,Dr Lee said that he was afraid that this was going to happen,so i had to keep on flushing it out and keep giving his meds

My heart felt so sorry for Pippi everytime i looked at him,he looked so sad and frail.

Even Dr Lee said that Pippi shouldn't be here,with what he's gone through,and how much weight he's lost also,he's just amazed at Pippi

There was this one weekend when things looked really bad for Pippi,he was so wobbly on his feet,and he just sat away from everyone else,he looked so scrawney,i just couldn't believe that was my Pippi,he looked sick,like he just wanted to give up,it was the worst that i had seen him,i started having these thoughts that maybe i should be kind and let him go,i thought about itall day.

I started giving him oates,and some bread,anything to fatten him up,gosh he loved those oates,and i also started giving hima gluclose drink,a few syringe fulls every so often,he loved the energy drink

The visits continued,and with all the love and attention and the oates and the energy drink Pippi was starting to have that spark back in his eyes,but he wasn't putting on the weight,but he was feeling much better because he was actually starting to hop around more and occassionally he would have a little run,but he was still a bit wobbly on his feet

The hole was starting to close up which was bad news,Dr Lee then suggested that the best thing to do was to cut him open again and scrape everything out and just give it a good clean inside and then he will stitch it closed instead.

So Pippi's operation was on 28th June

I dropped him of at the vets and gave him many kisses and i left.

I had explained my concerns to Dr Lee about how worried i am for Pippi to have this op,he was so fragile,and i was scared to lose him,i just didn't know if he would be to frail to survive,but i went ahead because i knew it was my only option

Gosh,waiting for that phone call was a killer,i was so happy but scared at the same time when i finally got the call.

Dr Lee said that there was a lot of damage inside from having the fly strike,he had to scrape some of the pelvis bone clean,and he cleanedeverythingout nicely

and then he stitched him up,he also said that he thought it was just going to be a simple job,turned out to be an hour he worked on Pippi

Pippi had to wear a e collar,poor bugger..he hated the dam thing,you should have seen the look he gave the vet...it was so funny,after all this time Dr Lee is very fond of Pippi.

The op went very well and Pippi healed fantasic,he has been such a strong guy through all of this,and i'm thankful that i never did get him put to sleep

To this day everything looks fine,but he never put on much weight,just a little,he still looks very skinny though

But now he has cystitis again,he was in the vets last night getting checked out,Dr Lee took a sample and went and checked it,it was veryconcentrated

so he's on baytril for 10 days,and then it's back to the vets

Ever since the 20th April it's felt like i have been living at the vets

So the only thing now is the waiting game to see if the abcess returns

Pippi

Picture116.jpg

I still have more to come yetbut i thought i would do the rest on another page as this was so long

cheryl

Oh my so much. Give them all a hug. I adore them.

continued...

Strawberry's story...

So on the 18th June,i get up in the morning and the first thing i always do is check on the bunnies,and i notice Strawberry lying on her side,she didn't move when she heard me....Strawberry was gone,she died during the night.

I sat there for quite a while and cried,i don't understand what happened,she was eating and drinking and just doing everything as normal

I just didn't know what to do but cry,Pippi was sitting near her :(

She was a beautiful albino girl

Strawberry
000_0045.jpg

Lulu's story...

Lulu had been having a few health problems for quite a while now,she has been in and out of the vet for quite a while,and ever since she was diagnosed as being blind,she just started going downhill from there

Then on the 7th August,i noticed she was lethargic,she would eat if i gave her something though,then that evening i went to sit with her,she did the most heart breaking thing,she hopped just a tiny bit towards me and flopped down,i thought she died there and then,but she just laid there....i scooped her up in my arms and cried and cried

I went to put her in her basket so i could quickly take her to the vet,but all of a sudden she was having a seizure,i freaked out because i had never gone through this before,and it was quite scarey

I turned up at the vets with tears running down my face,and by the time we got there Lulu had 3 seizures,i know what the Dr was going to say,i also knew this day was going to come pretty soon because of her health problems,but no matter how much i tried to brace myself for this day,i still found it to be hard.....but i let her go that night :(,i drenched her in my tears and said goodbye and that i love her forever

000_0434.jpg

Benjamin's story...

I took Benjamin and Riley in at the beginning of June,they desperately needed a home,they were two gorgeous brothers,but they had to be seperated because of fighting,and i had no more room inside so i put them out in my rumpus room,we now use that as our family room,since the bunnies took over the one in the house

I got attached to them very quickly,but they needed to be neutered,so i finally made an appoitment for 8th August

When Lulu died Tuesday night i was so devestated,and i was thinking if i should cancel the vet appoitment or keep it....i chose to still take them the next day to be neutered because i would probably chicken out and it wouldn't get done for much longer.

So on the 8th August i drop them of at the vet,i say my goodbye's and head to the shopping centre to do my shopping,about an hour later i get a call from the vet,i knew something was up,the Dr told me that Benjamin died,he didn't even get to start on the operation,his little heart just stopped beating :(,his brother Riley was ok

I absolutely bawled my eyes out,because i just didn't know how much more i could take,plus i'm a big sook

I felt awful going to pick up Riley,and having to take Benjamin home to be buried,it was really sad :(

Within a few months i lose three bunnies,and have a unwell little boy

cheryl

I couldn't help but cry as I read this. I am sending so many prayers and vibes to you.

Latest posts

Back