Cherylleigh's bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been an emotional few months...let me tell ya that

Losing my bunnies and looking after Pippi has been hard,Pippi still isn't no where near out of the woods yet,he just didn't seem to be his normal self yesterday so i just kept an eye on him,i continually check on him because i just get so worried about him,he fell over this morning...poor thing

He's in front of the back door at the moment where the sun is coming in,he found a nice warm spot,and he's lying all sprawled out

The vet and i are both surprised that he's made it this far,considering what he's been through,i mean we have had a ton of vet visits and $1,300 later,but it's worth it,ya know

He's also had a full blood check to see if anything elseis wrong,but everything came back clear

But to me it feels like he's very slowly slipping away,he's still loving like the old Pippi though,he's never lost his touch there ;),but on the outside i can notice the difference :(

Through all the months since things started going wrong with Pippi i've had people telling medon't waste your money,it's just a rabbit....or i should do whats best and put him to sleep,i just wanted to tell everyone to leave me alone,but the funny thing is that everyone that knows me knows that i will just go ahead and do what i want anyway,i didn't have anyone to talk to that really understood things,i had no pc so i couldn't come here,so i wrote all my feelings down in a diary,about how Pippi was going,like i mostly wrote about the bad times,when i thought i was going to lose him,i mean there was a really rough moment when everything looked very bleak for him,there were a ton of tears and prayers going on.

cheryl

Oh Cheryl, Im so sorry for all the heartache you've had to endure over the past few months. I cant imagine how painful this has all been for you.

You're such an amazing person. We're here if you need to talk. :bunnyhug:

I was thinking, with regards to Pippi and the abscess, as you might remember Ive had a lot of experience with these nasty things over the past year. Could you possibly ask your vet about some preventative antibiotics to ward off an abscess/infection. Baytril wont be strong enough- he'll need something like injectible penG/bicillin and/or zithromax. Its definitely worth checking into and could save you a lot of time and money in the long run.

Again, Im so sorry for everything you've been through. We've all missed you so much. I hope we can be of some comfort to you.

Rest in peace Strawberry, Lulu, and Benjamin. Your mommy loved you very much.:bunnyangel::bunnyangel::bunnyangel:

cheryl13 wrote:
Through all the months since things started going wrong with Pippi i've had people telling medon't waste your money,it's just a rabbit....or i should do whats best and put him to sleep,i just wanted to tell everyone to leave me alone.

I know just how you feel. When Max was very sick with the abscess and breathing problems everyone kept saying I should just put him down. The phrase "hes just a rabbit" was heard much too often. Only you and Pippi know when its that time and when you have exausted youroptions. Youre a wonderful person for not giving up on him.

And, if it helps any, Max is now abscess free and perfectly healthy for the past five months. It was worth every penny.

Woah.... what a terrible time you've had Cheryl, I'm really sorry about Strawberry, Lulu, and Benjamin they were all such beautiful buns, and so very lucky to have lived with someone who just loved them so much.
I was wondering what had happened to you, I've missed reading your blog, its great to have you back, just wished it was in better circumstances.
Good on you for doing what you do with your buns, your a true animal lover and should be proud that you invest so much time, money and love into your animals they are truely lucky to live with someone as caring, loving and wonderful as you.
xox Lara and Bangbang

I'm just seeing this now..

I'm so happy you are back. I too have missed ready updates on your blog of your little sweeties.

I am so sorry for Strawberry, Lulu and Benjamin. Binky free little ones, lots of love :heart:. They were so sweet and precious.

I wish I could give you a gigantic hug, how heart breaking having three of your babies gone and one ill in such a short time. My thoughts and love are with you and your bunnies.

Hope all is well and things will brighten up a bit!

:sunshine:

Haley wrote:
I was thinking, with regards to Pippi and the abscess, as you might remember Ive had a lot of experience with these nasty things over the past year. Could you possibly ask your vet about some preventative antibiotics to ward off an abscess/infection. Baytril wont be strong enough- he'll need something like injectible penG/bicillin and/or zithromax. Its definitely worth checking into and could save you a lot of time and money in the long run.

Haley,Pippi has an appoitment this friday,so i will talk to Dr Lee about it then,thanks for reminding me about that :)

I'm glad to hear Max is doing so much better now,send Max and the rest of the gang my love:heart:

Thanks!

And thanks everyone,i really do appreciate everything :hug:

I keep thinking about the night when Lulu died,when she just made the few inches towards me and she flopped down and just laid there,it was just so,so sad :(

i cannot stop thinking about it

cheryl

A tribute to three special bunnies

Strawberry...died 18th June 2007 age 3 1/2

I brought you home at the tender age of 6 weeks,you were such a little thing and you were just adorable,and i loved your little pink eyes and your soft white fur.

You were a very skittish bunny,but i never pressured you into doing anything you didn't want to,you didn't really like to be handled or even petted and i respected that,but you would come to me if i had something yummy to eat though and then you would quickly hop away

It took me a very long time to gain your trust,but it was well worth the wait because eventually you let me touch you,and i can remember feeling such happiness when that day came,i was very shocked when i started to pat you and you didn't hop away,you made my day that day,and ever since then you started to come to me more and more

You never had any health problems or anything and you only went to the vet once because you had a sore leg,and i wanted to get it checked out

you had an injection that day and had to take baytril,but you were soon fine and was hopping like usual

You loved spending your time outside,especially when it was nice and sunny,you would find a nice shady spot and sit there for ages,most times Pippi would be right next to you,he loved you so much

Pippi was going through a rough time himself,and everytime he had to go to the vet,i noticed you would go looking for him,you missed your little guy,but when we would always come back from the vet,you would see Pippi and hop to him and smother him in kisses,it would make my heart melt to see you so loving towards him,Pippi would just sit there and take it all in,he loved the attention that you gave him.

Then one unexpected morning,i went to check on you guys,and you were just lying there on your side,Pippi was sitting next to you,i just thought you were asleep,i called your name but you didn't move,and then i noticed you were gone and i didn't know why,you were fine when i said goodnight to you all

I sat down near you and i cried and cried because i just did not expect this,you died just two days after my birthday :(

I love you Strawberry!

Lulu...died 7th August 2007 age 3 years and five months

Oh Lulu you were my little baby girl,you were a minilop so you was so tiny when i brought you home,you were the most cutest little thing

It took you a while to settle in but once you did that was it,you also loved being outside in the fresh air,i remember when you did the most biggest binky,i just remember seeing this little thing flying through the air,you were so funny and you made me laugh,you were just the happiest little thing

Then one day i noticed your eyes looked strange and when i would call you,you couldn't find me,you would run everywhere looking for me,so the next day i took you to see the vet,and my suspicions were correct,you were blind

I went home and cried because i felt so sorry for you,it took you a while to get used to a new way of living,in the beginning you would bump into the walls,and then when you heard me calling for you,you would make this little crying noise while trying to look for me.

You soon got the hang of things though,but occassionally i would startle you by mistake and you would get frightened and try to run away,but i learned that when i approach you,i would also talk to you just to let you know that i was near

Eventually you were so good about getting around that if someone saw you they wouldn't have known you were blind

you were in and out of the vet quite a few times with bladder issues,but we soon got the problem fixed

Then you slowly started going downhill,until one evening i think you had,had enough

I went to sit with you on the floor because you just didn't seem yourself,you took a few inches towards me and just flopped to the floor,i picked you up and held you close,i knew the time was coming,then i had to put you down so i could go get the basket to take you to the vet,but then you started having a seizure,and i just freaked out because i didn't know what was going on,it frightened me

On the way to the emergency vet you had about three seizures,i walked into the vet with tears running down my face,i just didn't care what people thought of me then,i was just worried about you

I had tomake the painful choice of putting you to sleep,you were the first bunny i had to make the choice of doing that,and it really hurt me inside,but i had to do it for you Lulu,i drenched you in my tears and said goodbye

I cried all the way home from the vet that night

I love you Lulu!

Benjamin...died 8th August 2007 about 6 months old

I got a phonecall from a friend asking if i could take on two brothers that desperately needed a home,of course i said yes

You and your brother came to me,you both had no names,so i named you Benjamin and your brother Riley.

you both were not neutered,and you both could not be together because of fighting,but i wanted to wait a bit so you both could get used to me and the house first,you were both lovely boys,and before i knew it i was smitten with you both,it seemed like you both appreciated everything about being here in a new home,you didn't get the attention with your other family,they just didn't want you both so they didn't pay much attention to ya's

I fell in love,you both were wonderful bunnies,i had taken each of you out the back for a run,and boy did ya's love it

But the time was coming when you both needed to be neutered,so i made the appoitment for the 8th August

And then Lulu died the day before you both were supposed to go to the vet,i was in such despair that i was going to cancel the appoitment and make it for another day,but instead i still chose to take you both on the day

A while later i get a phone call from the vet,when i seen their number come up on my phone i knew something was wrong

The Dr said that you died Benjamin,he didn't even get to do the procedure,your little heart just stopped beating,i was quiet and shocked i just couldn't speak,then i heard the Dr say 'Cheryl,are you ok'

I thought i was doing the right thing,maybe i should have waited for a bit longer to get it done,maybe it was to soon after Lulu died,i just don't know what to think,i felt very guilty,and i still do

What was even worse was having to pick up Riley from the vet,and we had to take you home to be buried,that was very hard

I'm sure Riley misses you heaps,he lost his brother as well

I love you Benjamin!

cheryl

I thought i would just post an update about Pippi..

Well he had his vet visit today,he still has a wet bottom issue that's not clearing up,the baytril should have cleared it up by now,so we are not sure what is going on,either it's diet related (pellets),or Dr Leesuggested it could be renal failure :(,he doesn't look as healthy as the other bunnies anymore and i can see the difference in him,he just seems different,he has only put on a tiny bit of weight onin the last few months,he's still eating though,but not as much as he used to,he still loves his oaten hay though,and he still has his handfull of oates every night,he needs to put the weight on.

Dr Lee just wants me to feed Pippi less pellets for about a week or so,to see if any changes occur if not then he will take a blood test to see if Pippi does in fact have renal failure,he just doesn't want to stress Pippi out at the moment,if it's diet related then that can easily be fixed,he doesn't have diabetes which Dr Lee thought he might have had as well,but he was tested and it came back nagative

Pippi had his urine tested last fortnight as well,and it was very concentrated,which isn't good at all.

When i first took Pippi to the vet a few months ago when everything started he weighed 1.9 kg,two weeks later he was down to 1.6 kg,when he was weighed today he weighrd 1.7 kg

I'm just getting very fustrated because i want my little boy to be healthy again,and i just want to know what is wrong with him

I just don't know what i'm going to do if Pippi does have renal failure,i will have a good cry,i know that for certain

I just don't think i could stand to lose another bunny just yet

cheryl

:hug:

We are all here for you.

Thankyou Alishia,i appreciate that :)

It has been a really rough time lately :(

cheryl

Thanks Dawn,i really hope it's just diet related as well,but deep down i'm sure there is still something else going on,the baytril should have helped clear things up by nowbut it hasn't really done much,so..i just don't know :(

I dont know what to do,i'm kinda scared to get this blood test done,but i know it has to be done,i will probably get the test done next week,i need to get this all sorted out for Pippi's sake

He's been through so much the last couple of months

Cheryl

Thankyou maomaochiu :)

Here is Pippi,he looks so healthy in this picture,i wish he was like that again

Framedimage-3.jpg

cheryl

This is Strawberry and Pippi,Strawberry was the love of Pippi's life...gosh Strawberry adored Pippi like crazy

RIP Strawberry,i miss you like crazy :(

rabbit4.jpg

true love :hearts

And Pippi again

bunny7-1.jpg

cheryl

I thought i would post a picture of Pippi and me

bunny16.jpg

and just another while i'm at it

pippiandme.jpg

cheryl

Your blog is amazing. It is way past my bed time and I sat here rereading your whole blog.

I am so very sorry about the babies that you have lost. Each one of them was very special. Reading about them passing on was like losing one of my own.

You are a very strong woman and to see you fight for these bunnies like you do is just wonderful.

:hug:

Undergunsfire....it was very very hard to lose not one,not two, but three bunnies like that,it was very sad,when i go to bed at night,i lay there and think about how i lost them,and the tears start rolling down my face,i really miss them :(

Thanks heaps Jess,i really hope Pippi is going to be ok,he's such a special little guy :)

Well since it was such a beautiful day today i thought i would just get a picture of Chocolate Bunny and myself

I absolutely love Springtime..

ChocolateBunnyandme.jpg

Cheryl

It's so tough with one bunny, it's so unimaginable with three. You are soamazing :hug1.

Those pictures are beautiful. I especially love the framing for them, they're gorgeous!

I'll keep Pippi in my thoughts, I'm sure he'll make a full recovery :). He has a wonderful mommy and a whole forum cheering him on!

I love Springtime as well, best time of year!

Latest posts

Back