Cherries

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would not recommend feeding cherries. Three words: Too Much Sugar. Stick to fruits on the safe list such as apple or mango, and feed these sparingly as well as they are a bit high in sugar too;).

Umm, mango has More Sugar than cherries... look up the nutritional values. They also have less fiber than cherries.
In fact, depending on whether you have sour cherries or sweet cherries, and what kind of apple you compare them with, they may even contain less sugar than apples, sorry.

Hazel has been eating cherries when they are in season, and loves them. We give her half a cherry occasionally.

I would say all fruit should be given in very small amounts and sparingly at that.

I try to give the bunnies dried papaya from Wild Oats (I need to get a fresh bag of it) about 1 time per week, or a craisen here and there. They do get a small piece of banana about 3 to 4 times per week. If they get that they don't get anything else usually. Snacks are usually breakfast here with their morning pellets. This morning they got a craisen and their pellets and hay.

Wash gets a dried sour cherry occasionaly, I keep them around for when I make granola. He loves them, but as is the same with every treat, only sparingly.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
I would say all fruit should be given in very small amounts and sparingly at that.

I agree, Bo B!

Only reason I mentioned not even giving cherries is because they are simple sugars, they are one of the highest insugar.;)

Tiny pieces as a treat is fine.:)

Back