Check-Up Intervals

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickZac

Reaction score
I wasn't sure if this is the best place to post this or not. If I made a mistake please forgive me.

I am curious as to what people think the best interval is for generally bunny vet check-ups? I am approaching the 1 year mark since the last vet visit and while everything seems well, I want to do general check-ups as needed. But I am not sure how often that should be!!! There is always the risk of contracting something while at the vet and of course the added stress...so the good has to outweigh the bad. So what is the best length of time for interval check-ups in your opinion? Thanks!

It's just my opinion, but a 3-yr-old rabbit can go 18 months if everything seems ok. Unless a vet does lots of tests, the likelihood is that she's not going to notice anything that you haven't. I can't think of anyone I know who had a routine checkup with no problems where the MD found anything unless tests were done & I suspect the same is true with vets.

Latest posts

Back